Crickets hiding at the top of the mesh viv!!

dandes

I used to cup feed my veiled about 15 crickets a day but now he will only take them if he has to hunt for them for some reason so i let them loose from the cup and they ALWAYS run right up the side of the mesh and hide in the gap between the plastic piping and the mesh! I'm constant going around it flicking them back onto the leaves and branches!!
What i want to know is, whats the best way of stopping them doing it? I found chopping off their back legs stopped htem getting very far but it took ages to do and they used to go mad and escape from the bowl i put them in to do it.
I was thinking i could maybe put a border of packing tape around the top bit of the mesh to stop them gripping it but chances are it would get wet and fall off pretty soon.
Does anyone else get this problem and how do you solve it normally?

put your cham in a temporary cage.
then use silicon glue (the one for aquarium) to seal the holes on his original cage.
wait for it to completely dry before introducing him back to his cage.

How old is your Cham. I had this happen with really small crickets , but I found that they eventually come out and roam around. The crickets are larger now and just sit at the top, But they too get board and look for food and eventually run around.

The tape probably wouldn't be a bad idea. You could just replace it when you do your major cleaning.

Edit : Dodolah as usual has a great idea. :)

Back
Top Bottom