Crickets eating Fake Vines!

TOMMYBOY72

I noticed that one of my flexible fake vine with the smooth coating was being nibbled on by crickets! The vines with the rough surface has no cricket damage. I didn't know that this could happen. If the crickets eat them and your Cham eats the cricket you could have problems.

I noticed this as well with my vines. I just placed a little Bug Burger that I feed to my crickets into my Chams enclosure. The crickets that are not eaten up right away now have something to eat instead of chewing on the vines or my Cham :)

Crickets eating vines

I always put something for the crickets to eat when I put them in the enclosure. That way they are gut loading while waiting to be eaten/and not trying to eat him. It seems they like the inner coating on the vines just as well. At first I thought it was just the coating starting to fail. I tried covering the nibbles with a clear nail polish but they ate back thru my patch to get at the vine. Apparently whatever the vine is made of whether its the yellowish color or the make up they like chewing on it. I had to remove the vine. I am just wondering what it will do to the Panther when he ingests it. Cant be any good for him.

Back
Top Bottom