Crickets - Best place to buy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbondy

So I've finally had enough with my local pet store selling me crickets, they sell a dozen crickets for a $1 which isn't awful but it seems that the employees are utterly incapable of estimating 60 crickets...I usually end up with maybe half and still pay the price of 60. And yes, I've told the employees before to add more but I hate to have to nag but also don't like being taken advantage of size especially since I tend to fuel their cricket operation :D I'll still be buying from them at a small amount as I've to buy to different size crickets. So enough ranting ;);)

Where can I buy the cheapest crickets for the most of my money? I'm looking into Mulberry Farms. I am only able to buy in 100 at the time for the moment. Thanks guys :D

i live in NC and get mine from FL fom Lazy H Bait...give Brad a call there and he will figure out the best way to get them to you the cheapest...i get 1000 for $20 shipped

I think you should stick with your local store, but take issue with their count. Ask for the crickets, let them bag them and then call for the manager/owner and make him/her count them.

I've never had the experience you are relating. In my experience, the Mom and Pop shops are overly generous. I go in and ask for $3 worth of crickets and leave with what looks like 100+ crickets to me....

I just ordered dubias, hornworms and 100 crickets from Mulberry Farms, they just arrived at the Fedex facility, which is holding the box for me. ( I was also tired of store prices. - $1.50/ hornworm was killing me!)

I have to say as far as customer service goes, they take the cake. They have consistently kept me updated, emailing me receipts, tracking info, reminders, etc etc. If I open the box and everything looks healthy, I'd have to say I would highly recommend Mulberry. I can give you an update when I get my package if you'd like.

I like LLL bc when I bought 500, they sent the crix out overnight in a perfect critter box with screen mesh on either side and half a potato.

I'm looking also .. prob for 500 cricks at a time and trying to get butter worms in the same go ... there is only one place anywhere near me that sells anything but meal worms and they charge 4/$1 butter worms and 2/$3 horn worms .. ouch

Recieved from Mulberry. Everything is as they said it would be!

so far its the only place i will go!! loved they way the handled my order..(when i placed it they said they where out of one item but they would send the first part and not charge shipping on second half..well before my order left they called me and let me know they messed up, and that they did have my full order and it was shipped alltogether)..wow, they really went out of their way, when i still would have been totally satisfied!

I like lll reptile because they ship the right size, the overnight shipping is included in the price, and until now mine have always arrived in great shape (even the little pinheads, which are notoriously difficult). Fluker Farms is also good, but they don't always have all sizes available and they don't offer pinheads.

Breed Your Own Crickets lol :))) It's Simple!

So I've finally had enough with my local pet store selling me crickets, they sell a dozen crickets for a $1 which isn't awful but it seems that the employees are utterly incapable of estimating 60 crickets...I usually end up with maybe half and still pay the price of 60. And yes, I've told the employees before to add more but I hate to have to nag but also don't like being taken advantage of size especially since I tend to fuel their cricket operation :D I'll still be buying from them at a small amount as I've to buy to different size crickets. So enough ranting ;);)

Where can I buy the cheapest crickets for the most of my money? I'm looking into Mulberry Farms. I am only able to buy in 100 at the time for the moment. Thanks guys :D

Breed them :) It's simple.

Get a large cricket keeper from your pet store.
Set it up as usual with cricket food and hydration. (I use Fluckers).
Add a small glad or tupperware shallow dish with coco fiber and about 1/4 inch of water at the bottom.
Keep the temperature at about 85 degrees.

Now add about 50 live large crickets.

When you can take your tongs and move the coco fiber around and see little 1/8 larve looking things, you have babies.

Move the dish to a small cricket keeper thing. Set up hydration and food.

Repeat.

You'll have your own never ending supply of crickets as long as you always hold out 50 for your breeders. 16 lizards later... it saves me loads. :)

just a question how small is the 2 week old crix from mullberry farms???

i dont see they go by size but by age

looking to get 1/4 to 1/2 in crix to buy online

any suggestions???

Last edited:
just a question how small is the 2 week old crix from mullberry farms???

i dont see they go by size but by age

looking to get 1/4 to 1/2 in crix to buy online

any suggestions???

2 week are usually 1/4 inch...its usually 1/8" per week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom