Crickets arent cooperating!

BlueSierra

So Ive had my new baby girl for 5 days now. She is young, maybe a little over a month. (That is her in my avatar) She has been doing well drinking, eating, and having BMs. Roaming her cage so I feel she is getting used to her new surroundings. The last couple days she had only eaten 3 to 4 crickets. Usually one is a little bigger than the other so I feel she is getting full.

Here is the newest issue. The last 2 days Ive put 4 crickets in her cage & usually one climbs right up to her and she gets it. But the rest stay at the bottom and run in circles. Like today so far she has eaten 1, the other 2 have stayed at the
Bottom. She has moved back & fourth on her highest vine waiting for them but they never come up. Any one have any tips? Im not quite sure what to do.

I put my crickets in a 1 cup sized tupperware container. I then put the cup against the screen near the top of the cage so that they crawl onto it. When you do it up near the top they tend to stay up top. I would say with that method that I only lose 1 out of 10 crickets to the bottom of the cage.

Hope this helps.

I put my crickets in a 1 cup sized tupperware container. I then put the cup against the screen near the top of the cage so that they crawl onto it. When you do it up near the top they tend to stay up top. I would say with that method that I only lose 1 out of 10 crickets to the bottom of the cage.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Ill give this a shot, we have tried picking up the crickets and putting them on the screen near the too but they just jump right off.

I was having the same problem my little guy wasnt eating because he wouldnt go on the floor thanks a lot this is helpful. do you know how to hand feed them with crickets is that possible

I know it is possible to hand feed, but I think it takes some bonding time to acheive it. We have tried but I think our girl is just too young & still new.

So crickets have been walking right by her and she doesnt seem interested. Is 2 to 3 crickets enough for her?

When they are new to their homes and environment they tend to not eat much. Just keep an eye on him and he should be eating plenty soon.

My little guy only ate 3 or 4 a day for the first week or so. Now he eats about 20 a day.

I agree with you on free range feeding. My chameleon would never eat out of the cup but goes crazy for the ones that are loose in his cage.

When they are new to their homes and environment they tend to not eat much. Just keep an eye on him and he should be eating plenty soon.

My little guy only ate 3 or 4 a day for the first week or so. Now he eats about 20 a day.

I agree with you on free range feeding. My chameleon would never eat out of the cup but goes crazy for the ones that are loose in his cage.

When Feeding silkworms ect do you put those in a cup? I havent experimented with this yet because she is still so new.

I do and it works great, lucky for me I brought them from someone who was already cup feeding. Though I do keep my cup higher in the cage one time they did wat from it when it fell about a Foot down the cage. Good luck..now I'm a nervous wreck about drinking...newbie alert lol

I offer both to my babies- they hunt, and also have a endless supply in the cup, also offer dif/ feeders to her - or him.. I have at least 3 feeder types in my cage at a time - more if I have them- a baby can never get enough - right now I have crix/ mantis , and Fr flies , and hand feed baby roaches in the am- I teach all my chams to cup feed, all most ALL crix go in the cup- lose ones at night may bite your chams, so I dont like them running lose - but a few for stalking is great :)

Back
Top Bottom