Cricket supplier

Vshepherd0813

Hi all! I'm looking to foray into bulk cricket keeping and was wondering if I could get some advice from some folks as to the better suppliers. Trying to avoid some of the horror stories I've heard from others setting out on this journey like high death rates, unhealthy crickets or inter loping spiders and other non-cricket types...
Whatcha got for me?

Ghanns is the best. I've used other companies once and had 700 ish dead out of 1000 each shipment. With Ghanns, I have had 0 dead out of a shipment of 250 and 5 dead out of a shipment of 1000. Just got another 1000 in today!

Nice! Great info. What setup do you folks use to keep them in and any tips on feeding, care and maintenance? I was thinking a plastic storage bin with some screened cutouts on the top and side - thoughts?

Feeding your crickets is the easiest thing in the world!! Theres products made for crickets to eat(gut load). The brand that I feed my crickets is Fluker's orange cubes. This brand supplies several different products. The specific one I use is the orange cubes, it contains water, food, and minerals all in a tiny block that actually smells like oranges!.:D Heres a link ---- https://www.chewy.com/flukers-orange-cube-complete-cricket/dp/126167---- If you can't purchase this item, then just throw some potatoes, celery, carrots, spinach, salad or cabbage. And for water, don't gee them a bowl because they will easily drawn in it. So get a sponge and soak it up or put a wet paper towel in the place were the crickets are. A plastic storage bin is perfect to house the crickets.--Hope this info helps(y)--

Actually flukers products are a very poor quality gutload they provide very little actual nutrition. I make my own dry gutload and feed fruits and veggies for moisture. Crickets need a dry and wet gut load, they need the dry so their feces doesn't stick to everything.

Back
Top Bottom