Cricket strike!

PedroANDAshley

So Pedros been on a cricket strike for a couple days now.
He LOVES his meal worms but I really dont want to feed
him that because of the chitin.
So Ive been reading up on how to solve this.
And I saw some people say that you shouldnt feed them anything untill their
last option is to eat what they have.
That shoulds kinda unhealthy?
Is that really the answer?

Aww sounds like he needs a little variety ;)

When my guys do this I just feed them other stuff eg. Roaches, silkies, horn worms then in a week or so they seem more then happy to have crickets back into the food rotation.

Sounds like that must be it.
I was recently on vacation and my father watched him and he was only feeding him crickets :/
Looks like im gonna have to make a 45min drive to go pick up some silk worms xD.
Though Iam tempted to buy a silk worm kit from costal silk worms :p.

I've heard that hornworms work the best for feeding strikes or any other green bug for that matter. my f veiled stopped eating everything but crickets (no supers,silks,butters) so I managed to get my hands on some hornworms and then she was fine again and is still eating a variety of insects.

Pedro HATES hornworms.
When I first introduced him to them he ate 2 and just gobbled them up.
But after that hes had absolutly no intrest in them what so ever :/
Hes a funny bugger and the pod of like 12 horn worms cost me 20 bucks >.>
Luckly he loves his silk worms but I hear their not totally recommened because of the high protien? Or something like that.

my male veiled went on a cricket strike for about a month i fed him everything i could get my hands on then decided to put him outside in a wire mess cage during the days when it was warm and he ate the wild insects even cought him eating a bee befor i could stop him but it didnt seem to bother or hurt him now i raise roaches and i buy my crickets and other insects and havent had the issue since

Blue Bottle Flies will break his strike. My panthers won't always take roaches but if they get a few blue bottles first, they eat them and anything else readily.

Back
Top Bottom