cricket sizes and chams age

whysoez420

is there an ideal cricket size to go by depending on how old the cham is?
right now i'm feeding my 3.5 month old veiled 1/4'' but i feel that he could definitely eat bigger i'm just not sure what size to go to. any input is appreciated.

Mines is the same age and I was told to be cool because bigger size crickets he might chock I asked about the different worms they told me not yet but every now and then a meal worms want hurt but not to many at a time cause there hard to digest so I do 2 to 3 meal worms every 4 to 5 days to make sure he digest them pretty well.

Mines is the same age and I was told to be cool because bigger size crickets he might chock I asked about the different worms they told me not yet but every now and then a meal worms want hurt but not to many at a time cause there hard to digest so I do 2 to 3 meal worms every 4 to 5 days to make sure he digest them pretty well.

yeah i'm not to worried about him choking, as long as the feeders width is smaller then between his eyes. i just was hoping for a chart or something to go by in terms of what would be appropriate for his age. as for worms, if you want you can get him phoenix worms and feed him them everyday ontop of crickets. that's what i do. they are extremely good for them. especially at a young age.

The general rule is that you don't want the feeder to be wider than the space between their eyes, but they can be longer. So just use that as a guide, if you feel that a 1/2" cricket seems much smaller than that, you may be able to go up a size.

I'm going to attach a cricket size chart that I have NO idea where I got it from, it's been floating on my computer for 6 years so I don't know who it belongs to. But it's been very helpful to me when ordering crickets.

cricketchart_zps0860756d.jpg

And using that rule you can also get worms. You can get superworms, butterworms, silkworms, hornworms, etc. as long as you get them in the appropirate size. For something like hornworms (that grow super quickly) I'd order them as tiny as you can so it gives you some margin.

The general rule is that you don't want the feeder to be wider than the space between their eyes, but they can be longer. So just use that as a guide, if you feel that a 1/2" cricket seems much smaller than that, you may be able to go up a size.

I'm going to attach a cricket size chart that I have NO idea where I got it from, it's been floating on my computer for 6 years so I don't know who it belongs to. But it's been very helpful to me when ordering crickets.

cricketchart_zps0860756d.jpg

And using that rule you can also get worms. You can get superworms, butterworms, silkworms, hornworms, etc. as long as you get them in the appropirate size. For something like hornworms (that grow super quickly) I'd order them as tiny as you can so it gives you some margin.
That looks like the one from Ghann's. : http://www.ghann.com/store/store_product_detail.cfm?Product_ID=8&Category_ID=1

Ah, perfect! Thank you, obviously Ghann's is not the cricket supplier I use lol. I mut have found it on a gecko forum or just floating around on Google.

Back
Top Bottom