cricket shipping

Nemesis

Avid Member
Anyone order crickets from Josh's Frogs? I tried emailing them about the survivability rate in the mid 90's for temps but no reply. Any of you still order cricket feeders in that temperature range? Thx

I always do post office pick up as well... we don’t have high temps here but if they left a box on my door in direct sun it would easily get over 90 degrees. I have not ordered from them but I would think they would offer that option since everyone else does.

I used to have horrible survival rate with my crickets until I switched to banded crickets from Ghanns. Now I have no problem having them shipped to my door with temps pushing 100 degrees here in Dallas with maybe 3-5 dead crickets in the box.

I used to have horrible survival rate with my crickets until I switched to banded crickets from Ghanns. Now I have no problem having them shipped to my door with temps pushing 100 degrees here in Dallas with maybe 3-5 dead crickets in the box.
Rainbowmealworms sells banded for way way cheaper. Just found this out myself.

Anyone order crickets from Josh's Frogs? I tried emailing them about the survivability rate in the mid 90's for temps but no reply. Any of you still order cricket feeders in that temperature range? Thx

I am admittedly a TERRIBLE bug keeper which is why I mainly feed bandeds -- but I have exclusively ordered from Josh's frogs for over a year and I live in colorado -- only ever had 1 delivery come dead. Like every single one but that was in the spring it was cooler. I called them up and the next day there were new banded's at my door. I have a covered porch and I can always pick them up the day they're dropped off.

That being said I am immediately trying Rainbow for my bandits now because wow they are cheaper....

Hold for pickup will work well. I just had hornworms, spikes, waxworms, and mealworms shipped from Rainbow to the east coast and not a single dead feeder

Back
Top Bottom