cricket shipping

Nemesis

Established Member
Anyone order crickets from Josh's Frogs? I tried emailing them about the survivability rate in the mid 90's for temps but no reply. Any of you still order cricket feeders in that temperature range? Thx

Beman

Chameleon Enthusiast
I always do post office pick up as well... we don’t have high temps here but if they left a box on my door in direct sun it would easily get over 90 degrees. I have not ordered from them but I would think they would offer that option since everyone else does.

Clayton0520

Avid Member
I used to have horrible survival rate with my crickets until I switched to banded crickets from Ghanns. Now I have no problem having them shipped to my door with temps pushing 100 degrees here in Dallas with maybe 3-5 dead crickets in the box.

CamoChameleonsHuman

Chameleon Enthusiast
I used to have horrible survival rate with my crickets until I switched to banded crickets from Ghanns. Now I have no problem having them shipped to my door with temps pushing 100 degrees here in Dallas with maybe 3-5 dead crickets in the box.
Rainbowmealworms sells banded for way way cheaper. Just found this out myself.

AnamCara

Chameleon Enthusiast
Anyone order crickets from Josh's Frogs? I tried emailing them about the survivability rate in the mid 90's for temps but no reply. Any of you still order cricket feeders in that temperature range? Thx

I am admittedly a TERRIBLE bug keeper which is why I mainly feed bandeds -- but I have exclusively ordered from Josh's frogs for over a year and I live in colorado -- only ever had 1 delivery come dead. Like every single one but that was in the spring it was cooler. I called them up and the next day there were new banded's at my door. I have a covered porch and I can always pick them up the day they're dropped off.

That being said I am immediately trying Rainbow for my bandits now because wow they are cheaper....

Hold for pickup will work well. I just had hornworms, spikes, waxworms, and mealworms shipped from Rainbow to the east coast and not a single dead feeder

Top Bottom