cricket quick question

EmilioPichardo

hey guys i have a question i want to buy crickets online but i dont know what week should i buy them i have a 4m panther @ the store i usually buy medium crickets they about half an inch thnx in advance :)

Many of the online sights for purchasing crickets have a diagram of the actual sizes, I dont know about panthers but he is still young at 4 months. Check the sites out first, you can go with the size between the eyes of your chameleon or a small step up. If you buy a lot remember they will get bigger in a week so maybe buy a size smaller and feed more until the others grow to size, especially if you are going to buy 250/500+...just a thought that crossed my mind when I was going to buy some becuz more is cheaper but it may be too many. If you are not going to buy a lot go to a bait store (see if they have them separated in size), shipping makes everything expensive.

kire

yea but im going to order silkworms from mulberry but i need to complete the amount required so it could be shipped so i was going to add 100 crickets but they go by weeks... and 100 crickets will last me like a week and a half :p this guy is a beast

So, it seems at 4 weeks crickets are at 1/2" so maybe purchasing 3 week old crickets at 3/8" might be a good idea depending on how many you're buying. That way they wouldn't grow too big for your lil guy...This is just my opinion :)

Debs

Since it's cheaper to buy lots online, you might even want to go with 1 or 2 weeks crickets. You'll need to feed more at the beginning when the crickets are tiny, but really, 1000 crickets cost maybe $5 more than 500 crickets, so what do you care if you're feeding more in the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom