cricket question

CHAMaDdIcT

hey everyone :D i just wanted to know where everyone keeps/breeds their crix, because they were in my room, but im kinda afraid theyll get out or they will start to smell, so i moved them down to my garage, is that ok?

I keep mine in my room. Eventually you will get over your bug fears :p. At first I didn't like the thought of having bugs crawling all about my room, but I have large bins that are pretty much escape proof. Some have managed to escape, but only because I dropped them while transferring them to my cages. What do you keep them in?

I keep mine in my room. Eventually you will get over your bug fears :p. At first I didn't like the thought of having bugs crawling all about my room, but I have large bins that are pretty much escape proof. Some have managed to escape, but only because I dropped them while transferring them to my cages. What do you keep them in?

i have them in one of those cricket keepers, and i buy 50 at a time, but im thinking about starting a colony of dubia roaches, or crickets, or both :) and i just moved them to my garage, but i was worried with the lack of air flow, that those little flies that everyone is talking about will come in with the crickets :eek:

Well, if you have only one chameleon, isn't it easier to buy crickets in the shop? Keeping a colony for a single chameleon can cost a lot of effort and money with little effectiveness...

i have them in one of those cricket keepers, and i buy 50 at a time, but im thinking about starting a colony of dubia roaches, or crickets, or both :) and i just moved them to my garage, but i was worried with the lack of air flow, that those little flies that everyone is talking about will come in with the crickets :eek:

How about you make your own feeder bin? There are lots of threads on blogs on it, I have one myself (https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/cushcameleon/151-diy-feeder-container.html). They are really easy to make IMO and can keep a lot more bugs than those cricket keepers. I keep both my roach colony and crickets in DIY feeder containers. I also have my worm species in smaller DIY containers.

Well, if you have only one chameleon, isn't it easier to buy crickets in the shop? Keeping a colony for a single chameleon can cost a lot of effort and money with little effectiveness...

i guess your right :eek: but i could sell them to some people that i know, and maybe people here on the forum :D

How about you make your own feeder bin? There are lots of threads on blogs on it, I have one myself (https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/cushcameleon/151-diy-feeder-container.html). They are really easy to make IMO and can keep a lot more bugs than those cricket keepers. I keep both my roach colony and crickets in DIY feeder containers. I also have my worm species in smaller DIY containers.

sounds great! ill read your thread right now :D

Back
Top Bottom