cricket housing

LoganMills98

Hey all , just a general question on how you all house your crickets, I kept mine in a sizeable bin but alot keep dying before i feed them to my boy. Just looking for some interesting ideas.

They need room and things to climb on along with venting on the top for air circulation. So using toilet paper/paper towel rolls or egg crate. Keeping them clean and rotating your bins is important. Along with feeding correctly and changing out the food each day.

Banded crickets are quite a bit hardier as well.

chameleon-gutload.jpg

Hey all , just a general question on how you all house your crickets, I kept mine in a sizeable bin but alot keep dying before i feed them to my boy. Just looking for some interesting ideas.
A cricket keeper is a good bin(I think that’s what they are called but) they have tongs on the side to grab the crickets to feed to ur animal which is super helpful and I cut up some egg carton and place it upside down for hiding spaces.

A cricket keeper is a good bin(I think that’s what they are called but) they have tongs on the side to grab the crickets to feed to ur animal which is super helpful and I cut up some egg carton and place it upside down for hiding spaces.
These really only work if you are keeping 50 or less in them. and Only if you have the largest size keeper that they make not the small one. If you pour too many of them in these they will start to kill each other off fighting for space.

These really only work if you are keeping 50 or less in them. and Only if you have the largest size keeper that they make not the small one. If you pour too many of them in these they will start to kill each other off fighting for space.
Okay thank you!

I made a new bin for my crickets because I had them in a 5 qt bin with fiber glass mesh top that got chewed through a little. I got some aluminum mesh from Lowe's, a 7 gallon heavy duty bin from Target (18"x13"x10"), used a Dremel Lite rotary tool with a saw attachment that's meant for cutting metal. I went to some past threads here and found that people had more healthy crickets with side ventilation so I cut out squares on all 4 sides of the tub. Used hot glue to cover the square holes with the aluminum mesh ( I thought it would be a pain to use this on the side vents but the hot glue dries out faster than what some internet sources made me believe and I had someone help me hold the mesh down). I think I would just put 65 crickets in here but idk.
IMG_2009.jpg
IMG_2010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom