Cricket help?

guys is there an easier way to feed the crickets without ten escaping?! I have a cricket keep and like idk how to easily put it in the cage without it escaping... :( you guys know a better way? I just try to pick them up with my fingers lol I don't really know the correct way to pick them up :s

i usually keep eggcrate in there where they usually gather...i just pick that up and shake hem into my dusting cup...if you are having trouble with them jumping out of the cricket keeper and escaping, i would just put that in a larger bin so when they jump out they land in the big bin and not your floor...then you can just dump the big bin back into the keeper

I used a paper towel or toilet paper roll(the cardboard part of course) let them crawl into that and then shake them into the feeder cup to dust. I dumped the crickets out on the floor of the cage and they usually scramble up the screen to the top. I say "used" as in past tense cause my cham does not eat crickets but used to! This worked very well for me.

hi,i keep all my crix in a large "deep" rubber maid tub,i have cut out a large square in the lid and duct taped screen mesh to cover the cut out part.i have all my crix in there,i put silica cat litter on the bottom (for the odour)(its the crystal type litter and crix dont feed on it) and i put lots of egg cartons in there too,i have little round plant pot trays that i use to place the crix gut loads in..one for the dry and one for the fruits and veggies..when i want crix i put my supplements in a clear deep tupperware container and shake the egg cartons over the container until i get enough crix in it and then i place the lid on the tupperware container and shake away till my crix are dusted thoroughly in the supplement, then i place the container up against the screen inside of cham enlosure and the crix cling to the screen..it works well..i hate crix jumpin out and this works well for me:D

Yeah I do what carlo5208 and tandra lee do have a huge tote box with egg crates a food and water dish(upside down jar cap) and use a toilet paper roll that I leave in there and shake them into my dusting cup. I put my dusting cup in the cricket box and shake the toilet paper roll till they fall in and if they miss or jump out of the cup they get another day to hang with their cricket friends lol
You could put your black tube thingys you got from cricket keeper and just lay them in the tote box too!!

Yeah I do what carlo5208 and tandra lee do have a huge tote box with egg crates a food and water dish(upside down jar cap) and use a toilet paper roll that I leave in there and shake them into my dusting cup. I put my dusting cup in the cricket box and shake the toilet paper roll till they fall in and if they miss or jump out of the cup they get another day to hang with their cricket friends lol
You could put your black tube thingys you got from cricket keeper and just lay them in the tote box too!!

:eek: thanks you so much! Well everyone else too but thank you!

Back
Top Bottom