cricket food, anyone try these

I use Total Bites, along with other fruits and veggies. I fed nothing but Total Bites for a long period of time without issues, it just became expensive to feed it exclusivly

-Jay

i use flukers orange cubes as a staple, supplemented with fresh veggies and bee pollen (bee pollen granules are relativly cheap 8-16 0z for about $10 bucks, a little pinch goes a long ways ), also i gut load with dried prunes whenever there is a poohing issue

I think i will get the 5 gallons for $80, Did the math pretty hard to beat. Wonder is it goes bad overtime anyone know ?

Ive used them , crickets will only eat them if there's nothing else ' I use greens and fruits and a powdered bird formula i swear by this stuff.

Crickets will eat just about anything. There is no reason to buy any "specialty" foods for them. I've even fed mine off of stale Cheerios. Of course gut load with fresh veggies.

Does the avian food have vitamin A in it? Most of the pellets and such that I buy my birds does, so Im hesitant to use in gutload.

yes it does but apparently its not to much because i have used it for goin on two years and i have had nothing but good things to say my vet recomended it. Remember chams need vitamin A its the overdose thats dangerous. My vet has kept and bred chams and he was using it long before me .The stuff i use is a powdered formula for raising hatchlings , i just use it dry.

Remember chams need vitamin A its the overdose thats dangerous.

Well actually that's yet to be proven, though its widely believed. Mine have never been given preformed vitamin A, directly or through gutloading, and they are fine. Lots of beta carotene though. And I'm not the only one with long lived chameleons kept without preformed Vitamin A.
Anyhow, I would caution folks against using avian pellets (or anything else) with Vitamin A as anything more than a small part of a gutload, due to the real danger of Vit A overdose.

Well actually that's yet to be proven, though its widely believed. Mine have never been given preformed vitamin A, directly or through gutloading, and they are fine. Lots of beta carotene though. And I'm not the only one with long lived chameleons kept without preformed Vitamin A.
Anyhow, I would caution folks against using avian pellets (or anything else) with Vitamin A as anything more than a small part of a gutload, due to the real danger of Vit A overdose.

So what do you use for food ? The problem i have is i live 70 miles from town and can't just run to the store for veggies and such, So for me the cost is a small price to pay. Still looking into the exact content of this product. Thanks for your help !!

My beardie won't eat Exo-Terra's Bearded dragon formula, so i soak it in water for 5 minuets and feed em to the crix.
So essentially everything that my beardie would be getting from those bb's they're getting twice over. my cham will eat em too.
I like the name Jeff Martin, The Tea Party. One of my favorite bands!

I never had good luck with those orange things. Cricket Crack is an excellent food and my crickets devour it down like you wouldn't believe. It is inexpensive and you buy it by the pound. It is easy.... It is sold by some of the sponsors of CF. Do a search and you can find it.

I never had good luck with those orange things. Cricket Crack is an excellent food and my crickets devour it down like you wouldn't believe. It is inexpensive and you buy it by the pound. It is easy.... It is sold by some of the sponsors of CF. Do a search and you can find it.

Cant find who sells it, Please link me. :D

i use the flukers cricket crack thing i think thats what it is. Well it may not be called cricket crack but basically same thing and those cubes work. I saw a video of crickets going nuts for that stuff

Back
Top Bottom