Cricket Feeding Cups

What kind of mesh would I need to line the back of the cup? I'm looking to make one but this part has me quite lost...
I got some in walmart for $5. Its located in the windows screen dept near painting stuff. For the cup/container I used a utensil tray from Dollar tree, and some hard plastic cutting board sheet from Dollar tree, cut 2 pieces of the plastic sheet to go across bottom and top of utensil tray. Hot glued it and the screen mesh to it. Simple and cheap. Ill post a pic later.

I got some in walmart for $5. Its located in the windows screen dept near painting stuff. For the cup/container I used a utensil tray from Dollar tree, and some hard plastic cutting board sheet from Dollar tree, cut 2 pieces of the plastic sheet to go across bottom and top of utensil tray. Hot glued it and the screen mesh to it. Simple and cheap. Ill post a pic later.

Thank you! Yours sounds like an interesting setup, I was just gonna use a milk jug :LOL:

Thank you! Yours sounds like an interesting setup, I was just gonna use a milk jug :LOL:
I was too, then I went around looking for a better option. The plastic utensil tray works perfect and looks much better! I glued magnets in the back to cling on to the reptibreeze with magnets on the outside.

This is what Im refering to, Except I got the smaller one in black, and the bigger one in white. Made 1 of each size. Also this is the flexible chopping sheet I was refering to. Its thin and easy to cut with scissors. Just cut 2 small pieces to cover the bottom and top going across the open side. If you dont put one at the top they will crawl out. Works good for me. 219336.jpg 219325.jpg 145661.jpg 145661_v1.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-03-11-48-42.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-03-11-48-42.png
    299 KB · Views: 98
This is what Im refering to, Except I got the smaller one in black, and the bigger one in white. Made 1 of each size. Also this is the flexible chopping sheet I was refering to. Its thin and easy to cut with scissors. Just cut 2 small pieces to cover the bottom and top going across the open side. If you dont put one at the top they will crawl out. Works good for me. View attachment 189812 View attachment 189813 View attachment 189814 View attachment 189815

Would love to see a finished product in your enclosure. Hard to visualize. Always looking for something easier/ better for cricket distribution.

Would love to see a finished product in your enclosure. Hard to visualize. Always looking for something easier/ better for cricket distribution.
Here are some photos, I also cut a piece of shower curtain from Dollar Tree, the part with magnet to use as a misting cover to keep the crickets dry. You can poke holes at the bottom of tray if youd like. I just prefer to cover and keep it dry.
20170903_160500.jpg
20170903_160846.jpg
20170903_160643.jpg
20170903_160635.jpg
20170903_162549.jpg
20170903_162611.jpg

Thank you. Looks like your bug tray works well. I'm a magnet guy as well. I hold my food cups and outer plastic curtain with them. They work quite well.

Back
Top Bottom