Cricket feeder locations near my area?

Isxbvlle

I used to purchase small 1/4 crickets at my nearby Petco for my young chameleon, Cruz. It easily became an expensive endure as he eats the supply in around a week, and every week I have to spend about 17-20 dollars on cricket feeders. I also feed him dubia, but his overall favorite is crickets since they move a bunch.

Anyone know where I can get more affordable crickets? (I plan to give him a different variety of feeders as he grows larger, but right now im sticking to the simple feeders :))

I live around the Amador County in California. Everywhere I checked has either had no crickets for sale, or crickets in a big mix (large, medium, and small all together)

Wow, Left Coast crix are expen$ive! :eek:
Are they designer crix or something? :LOL:

I live around the Amador County in California. Everywhere I checked has either had no crickets for sale, or crickets in a big mix (large, medium, and small all together)
I don't doubt it, but I've never seen that where I live in the Northeast.

Here, some vendors have 2 sizes, some 3. Some places charge by size, and some are the same price regardless of size. Prices average around 9¢ to 12¢ ea. Most have 1¢-2¢ ea. discount for buying 100 or more, but I tend to lose a higher percentage that way so I don't bother anymore.

When I do buy crickets (haven't in a month or so) I usually get 50 Lg. Those will last about a week, so cost is about $4.50 to $6.00 per week.

Some clerks will count out every single cricket fastidiously, and some will scoop a bunch into that tube thingy they use, saying, "Ah... close enough." (So far, the actual count has never been short.)

A couple of stores have customer loyalty discounts. Whenever I buy 50 crickets, they send me a coupon for 10 free crickets. I save them up (they're also in the stores' computer system) until I have 50 — every 6th week or so.

Last I got any, they were from Pet Supplies Plus. There are at least a couple near you—one in Lodi (careful you don't get stuck again... :ROFLMAO:) and one in Stockton.

HTH :)

Wow, Left Coast crix are expen$ive! :eek:
Are they designer crix or something? :LOL:

I don't doubt it, but I've never seen that where I live in the Northeast.

Here, some vendors have 2 sizes, some 3. Some places charge by size, and some are the same price regardless of size. Prices average around 9¢ to 12¢ ea. Most have 1¢-2¢ ea. discount for buying 100 or more, but I tend to lose a higher percentage that way so I don't bother anymore.

When I do buy crickets (haven't in a month or so) I usually get 50 Lg. Those will last about a week, so cost is about $4.50 to $6.00 per week.

Some clerks will count out every single cricket fastidiously, and some will scoop a bunch into that tube thingy they use, saying, "Ah... close enough." (So far, the actual count has never been short.)

A couple of stores have customer loyalty discounts. Whenever I buy 50 crickets, they send me a coupon for 10 free crickets. I save them up (they're also in the stores' computer system) until I have 50 — every 6th week or so.

Last I got any, they were from Pet Supplies Plus. There are at least a couple near you—one in Lodi (careful you don't get stuck again... :ROFLMAO:) and one in Stockton.

HTH :)
Ahh they are reallly expensive!! 🤣 sadly the lodi and stockton locations are a bit too far for me to go on a weekly basis, they’re 1-2 hours away and with gas prices now…

Ahh they are reallly expensive!! 🤣 sadly the lodi and stockton locations are a bit too far for me to go on a weekly basis, they’re 1-2 hours away and with gas prices now…
They have a store locator on their website. I had to guess the nearest cities to you based on the county you mentioned—apparently I guessed wrong. 🤦‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

If you go to their site and use a city closer to you, there may be closer stores.

I would suggest getting your crickets on line. Although you’ll have to pay shipping costs, you’ll generally be getting healthier crickets that won’t die off as easily as chain pet store ones. If you wish to avoid shipping costs, look for smaller mom & pop pet stores. Usually some do have some sort of incentive program. I surprisingly found a tiny pet store that seemed to cater to dogs (‘dog’ is in their name), yet they do carry crickets and some other feeders.

Back
Top Bottom