Cricket eggs have hatched! Now what?

Progrmor

I got my cricket laying bin in a larger bin and many of them have hatched now. I see them running around in the bottom of the bin. But what should I do now? Just wait? I have poured some fine oat in the bottom for them to eat, also put some small salad leafs in the bottom.

What is the next step? wait?

I just did this for the first time. I had maybe 1,000 little hatchlings and ended up with about half that. I just kept feeding them and changing out the food. I used a wet paper towel as a water source. The other thing I did was make sure to keep them warm. The biggest headache was keeping them out of the laying bin after they hatch. I kept half a toilet paper roll on top of the soil and would shake them off a couple times a day. After they reached 1/4 to 1/2" size I transferred them to a large rubber made container with egg crate. I am getting another round of eggs ready now as I am feeding the first batch of them off to the critters.

I just did this for the first time. I had maybe 1,000 little hatchlings and ended up with about half that. I just kept feeding them and changing out the food. I used a wet paper towel as a water source. The other thing I did was make sure to keep them warm. The biggest headache was keeping them out of the laying bin after they hatch. I kept half a toilet paper roll on top of the soil and would shake them off a couple times a day. After they reached 1/4 to 1/2" size I transferred them to a large rubber made container with egg crate. I am getting another round of eggs ready now as I am feeding the first batch of them off to the critters.

Yeah that kind of my point. Im sure they are all going to die. I got a good warmth in there but what do they feed on? They are so small, can they eat the same as the adult?

Back
Top Bottom