Cricket catchers.

Sirbudlbc

So I've recently upgraded auroras cage and it's full of plants. I'm concerned that she wont be able to find her food now. On one hand itll force her into the plants and give her a better hunting experience on the other I'm worried if they fall to the bottom shell miss them and be hungry. Any thoughts.

Attachments

• 20181103_182201.jpg
    20181103_182201.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 105
Get a feeder cup from Full Throttle Feeders or make your own out of PVC pipe or a jug. It’s better than cup feeding because the feeders can move, you can also hot glue a branch or vine vertical into a bowl and put the feeders on the branch. Or just let her hunt

Keep in mind crickets can bite your chameleon while it sleeps and it leaves scars. Better to remove them all each night. There are some YouTube videos on how to make feeder cups with a jug, screen, and hot glue.

The crickets biting chams is an old wives tale, but could happen, so if you’re really concerned about it, removing the crickets is fine
to add on to this. have you ever held a cricket in your hand for your cham, they never bite.

Strange. Saw pictures of scars that a vet had said was cricket bites. I’ll try to find the post. I’m still new to all this

Strange. Saw pictures of scars that a vet had said was cricket bites. I’ll try to find the post. I’m still new to all this
We’re not saying it’s impossible but if you were trapped in a cage with a giant camouflage dragon would you go up to him and chomp down? A very rare event at best.

Your Cham was born to hunt, let her use those instincts. Let the crickets run loose, cup feed all other feeders...

We’re not saying it’s impossible but if you were trapped in a cage with a giant camouflage dragon would you go up to him and chomp down? A very rare event at best.

Your Cham was born to hunt, let her use those instincts. Let the crickets run loose, cup feed all other feeders...
And let those flying feeders free in the cage to really see some cool hunting!

Back
Top Bottom