Cricket breeding question

Bob 9-1-19

So I'm new to chameleons and everything involved I'm trying to breed crickets to save on food cost been keeping a 80 watt ceramic bulb above them to keep them around 80 to 90° since winter is close and I heat with wood entirely it has become harder to maintain the temps needed but I've ordered stuff to fix that but in the process I've had babys hatch in the adult bin and noticed that the adults are not eating them so I'm wondering if I could just use a single bin to breed and raise crickets has anyone else had experience doing this. Because it's a pain to feed two separate containers and would be much easier to keep just one? Any help in this matter would be very appreciated

So I'm new to chameleons and everything involved I'm trying to breed crickets to save on food cost been keeping a 80 watt ceramic bulb above them to keep them around 80 to 90° since winter is close and I heat with wood entirely it has become harder to maintain the temps needed but I've ordered stuff to fix that but in the process I've had babys hatch in the adult bin and noticed that the adults are not eating them so I'm wondering if I could just use a single bin to breed and raise crickets has anyone else had experience doing this. Because it's a pain to feed two separate containers and would be much easier to keep just one? Any help in this matter would be very appreciated
Have you tried dubia roaches? They are fairly easy to breed and last forever. They don’t stink, climb, or fly. Really good for low maintenance too.

Planning on it in the future but this is my first attempt at breeding food I agree they do sound simpler how old does a chameleon need to be to munch down a hard roach like that

"baby" dubia are about the size of a 3 week old cricket, the second smallest you can buy at a pet shop, with pin head crickets being the smallest. They dont get the "hard shell" till they are adults, the grey nymphs are pretty squishy.

quarter-inch-dubia-roach-size-comparison.png

Back
Top Bottom