Crest burn

mikkicd

Crest burned. Not sure if burned or a shed.

Attachments

• IMG_20160429_160559.jpg
    IMG_20160429_160559.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 171
I dont think its a burn,what is the distance between your heat lamp above the cage from where the vine or sticks that he bask at?

you mean the black in the front of the casque? Your chameleon's front leg looks a little bowed. Does he have MBD that you are aware of?

No the top is peeled back. Open whole picture. His light bulb is9inc
I dont think its a burn,what is the distance between your heat lamp above the cage from where the vine or sticks that he bask at?
9inches..big dome so bulb is higher..

Attachments

• IMG_20160429_160558.jpg
    IMG_20160429_160558.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20160430_160012.jpg
    IMG_20160430_160012.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 121
you mean the black in the front of the casque? Your chameleon's front leg looks a little bowed. Does he have MBD that you are aware of?
Really..no not aware. I saved him from petsmart.

9inches..big dome so bulb is higher..
My veiled accidentally burned his casque slightly one day. When he shed a few days later it peeled like this and left some scar tissue. Luckly he was small and the burn was small too so it did not effect him much. This looks like it may be a larger burn. I did not put any cream on the burn, it healed by its self so I do not know what cream you could use to help it, if you could put any cream but the burn looks older

What is your supplement scheduled?
I was doing every 2week calcium with d3.multivitamins same..I just as t as started using calcium without daily..these guys are so hard to understand. His basking light was a little dome and www as close other crest. We built cage wrong.perch to close.s poo that way I changed dome bigger bulb is higher from crest..

His front left leg looks like it has MBD which is probably the same for the right leg.. Can you post some more pictures of him and his back legs also. You say you "rescued" him...how old was he when you got him??? Often times petstore chameleons have MBD. So the casque is actually peeling off then? It might be burned. I just went back and looked at the pic. I did not see that piece that was hanging off at first.

My veiled accidentally burned his casque slightly one day. When he shed a few days later it peeled like this and left some scar tissue. Luckly he was small and the burn was small too so it did not effect him much. This looks like it may be a larger burn. I did not put any cream on the burn, it healed by its self so I do not know what cream you could use to help it, if you could put any cream but the burn looks older
Silver Sulfadiazine is the cream to use.

Back
Top Bottom