Cranky during shed?

camimom

Just curious if anyone elses chams get cranky and hissy when they are shedding? Kink hissed and puffed and gaped at me a few times when I was trying to take him out to clean his cage , after a few minutes I gave up.
He isn't like that normally so just wondering.

Some get cranky, I'd be cranky too! My baby opens his mouth and puffs up when hes shedding. After hes done hes all happy and looking at me for food! Lol

it's normal. I would imagine from their behaviors that the whole shedding process is quite uncomfortable.

it's normal. I would imagine from their behaviors that the whole shedding process is quite uncomfortable.

Just checking. The first 3 times he shed, he was unhappy, but he only puffed up then crawled on my hand to chill. This is his fourth shed and he is a mean little man! hes only about 5 months old, and he was scary! hehe. Well if he doesn't want dead leaves and stuff cleaned up,m then fine. I can wait.

Lol. Glad this is a 'normal' thing. He is normally very nice.

YES! Ozzie loves his warm spray baths when he is shedding and some say their Chams appetite drops when shedding but I have never seen Ozzies appetite drop any the whole entire time I have had him! But I do have to keep his choice of feeders rotated.

YES! Ozzie loves his warm spray baths when he is shedding and some say their Chams appetite drops when shedding but I have never seen Ozzies appetite drop any the whole entire time I have had him! But I do have to keep his choice of feeders rotated.

Mine's appetite drops every time he's shed. I don't rotate feeders yet cuz he is still too small to eat most anything but waxworms and crickets.

Back
Top Bottom