Craigslist Veiled Cham Needs Rescue (New England)

Saracirce

I was just browsing through Craigslist today when I came across this Chameleon who is desperately in need of someone to help him.

sick cham with burns on back. Somewhat graphic picture.

According to the poster, this guy came to them with the burns on his back and skinny. He's now 'doing a little better'. I don't have any Cham experience (not for lack of wanting) but even I can tell you this guy is nowhere near healthy. He's also not being housed properly at all.

The thing is: Maine really sucks when it comes to reptiles. Our herp society's website hasn't been updated in 2 years, there are no 501(c)3 reptile rescues (that I know of) and the only reptile vet is in Portland. I don't have the means or resources to help this guy myself so my only option is to try to spread the word about him. I really don't want him to end up in the hands of another inexperienced person.

If you guys could reach out to breeders or owners in New England and see if we can't find someone who can help him, I would be grateful!

Poor guy, he looks bad, not so bad that he cant be saved with the right care.
I do hope someone takes him in.

I was just browsing through Craigslist today when I came across this Chameleon who is desperately in need of someone to help him.

sick cham with burns on back. Somewhat graphic picture.

According to the poster, this guy came to them with the burns on his back and skinny. He's now 'doing a little better'. I don't have any Cham experience (not for lack of wanting) but even I can tell you this guy is nowhere near healthy. He's also not being housed properly at all.

The thing is: Maine really sucks when it comes to reptiles. Our herp society's website hasn't been updated in 2 years, there are no 501(c)3 reptile rescues (that I know of) and the only reptile vet is in Portland. I don't have the means or resources to help this guy myself so my only option is to try to spread the word about him. I really don't want him to end up in the hands of another inexperienced person.

If you guys could reach out to breeders or owners in New England and see if we can't find someone who can help him, I would be grateful!

pm HouseofChameleons they are in California but are now a rescue for chameleons. They can be shipped.

okay. I went ahead and messaged House of Chameleons. Shipping is stressful though so I'm not sure that would be the best idea for how sick he is right now. Maybe they have connections though and can find someone to take him in until he's well enough to be shipped?

okay. I went ahead and messaged House of Chameleons. Shipping is stressful though so I'm not sure that would be the best idea for how sick he is right now. Maybe they have connections though and can find someone to take him in until he's well enough to be shipped?

I know this and you are right. Let Ginger of House of Chameleons decide if she wants to get involved and if she does, let her make the call on the shipping. When they are put in the containers or bags for shipping, they usually go to sleep. I understand that this one is sick though and it would be a long journey to California though..

I did email this person to get more details and possibly just pay to get the poor guy here but have yet to hear back. They didn't have an area code with the phone number

The area code is 207 (the entire state of Maine only has one area code. I should have mentioned that. Sorry)

I did find a reptile rescue in New Hampshire that I went ahead and messaged on Facebook as well as emailed and I messaged the rescue you directed me to but it's only been a few hours and I haven't heard back yet.

I have attempted texting as requested by owner so I will hope to hear back if not I will phone and it could be a while before you hear from the other person.

Back
Top Bottom