Cover or no cover?

Oh yes, I read up that most veiled are complete grumps. But I just wanna know how long I should wait before I should be worried that he's not eating. im not gonna hover over him, but I don't want him to starve!

All excellent advice^

I’ve always gotten a much stronger feeding response when letting them hunt the feeders vs cup feeding. I’m not advocating getting rid of the cup, but if I were you I’d throw 5-6 extra feeders in there in addition to what you have in the cup.

Worry at 2 weeks, but don’t panic.

Yes, the first few days I did that with the cover on. I put a few in the cup and few roaming. The only thing is, I can't clean out any dead crickets or look for them because I don't wanna scare him to death. xD

And can I put the cover back up at night? so he gets a good rest? Im just so afraid im going to kill him somehow with tiny mistakes! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And can I put the cover back up at night? so he gets a good rest? Im just so afraid im going to kill him somehow with tiny mistakes! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I use a black out curtain on my cage sides at night. I have two panels that are exposed and open. The other two I have a permanent wall to that block light. I cover the two exposed sides at night and then when I go to bed I remove the cover on one side for airflow. So if your concerned put the cover up when his lights have gone out so your not freaking him out. then take it down for air flow at night. Just never cover the top and never cover all sides when the lights are on. He will bake.

The cover I was using before I took one side down is a very thin piece of teal color bed undersheet that has been sitting in packaging for a while. not plastic. And you mean at night put It up, and then when I turn out the lights and sleep, take it off?

edit: I will probably have to reply in the morning, my computer is going to run out of battery and I cannot find the charger oops

Last edited:
I went up to his cage to put his food in, he was out in the open when I woke up, I didn't stare, and he didn't run. he just stopped walking. I think thats good?

he's basking with me in the room. He hides behind his basking branch if I come up close to him but I think its a start!

he's basking with me in the room. He hides behind his basking branch if I come up close to him but I think its a start!
Yep so just no helicopter parenting... No eye to eye contact. You want him to feel like even though your there when he stops you can't see him.

yes. I wont look at him or anything. whenever I mist him and put his food cup in, I look down so he think I can't see him/so im not staring at him. I always glance at him in the morning just to make sure he's okay, but I try to never stare. will his grey color go away once he settles in more? I was told he was so grey all the time because of stress.

yes. I wont look at him or anything. whenever I mist him and put his food cup in, I look down so he think I can't see him/so im not staring at him. I always glance at him in the morning just to make sure he's okay, but I try to never stare. will his grey color go away once he settles in more? I was told he was so grey all the time because of stress.
Just like gaining trust with everything else it takes time. Good to see you’ve taken the advice given so far. Yes his colors will level out in time if you stick to the advice given. Patience, you got this!

will his grey color go away once he settles in more? I was told he was so grey all the time because of stress.
Couldn’t find a pic of your Cham in the pics you’ve posted, guess he really was hiding.

Please post one, doesn’t have to be a close up but close enough to see some details.

Do you mean Grey or dark? Grey is usually a sick cham. A dark or bright cham is showing stress. Doubt it’s sick but let’s just make sure...

ill post one from when I got him, since its what he looks like now. Thats his color. its a grayish brown. he's a bit more grey than this photo, but pretty much the same. He retreated from basking atm and I don't want to go looking for him.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 1.04.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 1.04.08 PM.png
    527.3 KB · Views: 109
and in the other photos you can't see his body but you see his curly tail

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 10.27.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 10.27.49 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom