Couple questions

RLover09

When my cham gets out of his cage on his branch in the room or when he's outside on his tress, He's colors go so dark.... Why is that???

Also I haven't seen my cham drink yet, but today when he was outside on his tree, my mom was watering the garden and would spray him and she said he started drinking like crazy! Like he hadn't drank in a while. He did that for about 30 mins.. I am worried he's not drinking, in his cage.... How will I know that he's getting enough water???

Set up a water dripper for him. How are you misting the cage? Thats what I do when I let my chams out.. I mist them every 30 mins when its warm out...

Definately give your chameleon a dripper that drips as much of the day as possible.
Re darkening colors, this is normal. darker coloration absorbes heat more readily than lighter colors. :)

I use a dripper however i don't mist my chams cage. i used to everyday but right now there is no need as the humidity in my cage is 50-60%.(It all depends on the type of chameleon). A good way to tell if they are drinking is his fecal matter which should be white with really light to no yellow color.

Hope this helps
Eric

My cham either drinks from the drippler or when i mist him and his cage he always opens his mouth for the mist while i'm misting the cage.

I have a drip system in there and I mist tons when I get home from work.... He's poop looks normal and to me his eye's look fine... I think I may be worring about nothing. I give him tons of chances to drink the drip system goes all day and night...

Back
Top Bottom