Couple of questions :)

PygoShlee

Hey,

Just wanted to ask a few questions and see if anyone could help me out!

1. My Panther Chameleon is around 6 months old (Red Bar Ambilobe) so hes started getting pretty colourful. The only thing is, he's either very pale in his vivarium, or can get quite dark with slight Red barring. I've noticed him recently a bit unsettled in his cage, finding him down the bottom (not for long, maybe 10 minutes) then as I pick him up he goes into really really bright colours (Green/ blue body, red bars, yellow lips). Just wondering what that may mean?

His Vivarium is a 4ft x 3ft x 2ft custom made, mesh and acrylic sides. 4 3foot live plants, dozens of vines etc. 100W heatbulb, and a 3ft 5.0 UV bulb.

2. Now he's only recently started doing this, and to be honest its pretty funny but needs answering. Everytime I open his cage for a misting, he darts toward me and gets straight on my arm and climbs all over me. Now when I go to put him back, he's got in a habit of pooing on me :mad: And im not too sure of the reason a) for always wanting to come out and b) why I'm his new toilet? :p

Cheers guys

maybe he wants to keep his cage clean?... I had an iguana who would run right to me and poo on my shirt at least once a day..weirdo.

He is bored with his set up so you can rearrange it, redecorate it or make a bigger enclosure. My Veiled gets like that a lot and I move a few vines and rotate my plants and he is happy again...for about a month or so.

Dustin

EDIT >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 100w bulbs can heat to 477 degrees F. I would recommend using a 40-60w

Ok cool, i'll swap the bulb for a 60W. The temp probe is pretty much under the bulb and reads between 87- 98, and his basking area is 6" underneath it.

Just had him run out on me again, and then poo'ed again :eek: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom