- Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Male 1 1/2 year old panther chameleon. I have had him for 1 year
- Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? I handle my chameleon about twice a week for 10-15 minutes. He is very social and always wants to come sit on your shoulder.
- Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I feed my chameleon dubia roaches, super worms, black soldier flies, and the occasional hornworm for hydration. He usually eats 2 super worms or 1 dubia every day or so along with 2-5 black soldier flies. Sometimes he’ll take a break from eating for a few days every couple months or so. I feed my feeders sweet potatoes, carrots, carrot greens, and kale
- Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I use Repashy superfood calcium with no vitamin D for daily dusting and every 2 weeks I dust with Repashy superfood calcium plus vitamin d for a day. Sometimes I also mix in a bit of bee pollen.
- Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I have dripper going all day and at 8 am and 8 pm my mister goes off for 1 minute. I see my chameleon drinking every couple weeks.
- Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? My chameleon has dark brown droppings with bright white urates. My chameleon has never been tested for parasites but has had a vet visit where they said he was very healthy.
- History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
- Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? My cage is a mesh 2ftx2ftx4ft
- Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I use the philip’s 75w plant light for basking but sometimes switch to a lower wattage during hot summer months. I use the reptisun 10.0 uvb and a separate light for the live plants (LED?? I’m not sure but it helps the plants grow and is not uvb and does not produce any heat.)
- Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? The average temperature in the center of the cage is 66.2 F and his basking spot is 85 F. The lowest overnight temp is 62 F. I measure the temps using a govee wifi thermometer hanging in the cage and a temperature gun.
- Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? The average humidity is 55.5% in the center of the cage. I measure it with the govee wifi thermometer.
- Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I am using live plants in my cage. I have a large pothos and some other smaller ones. I’m not sure what they are called but I know I checked if they are safe for chameleons and cleaned and repotted them before putting them in the cage.
- Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? My cage is in my bedroom and is relatively close to a fan but it’s rarely on. My room is not highly traffic. The top of the cage is approximately 7 ft from the room floor.
- Location - Where are you geographically located? I’m located in Westchester, NY