Could anything in her enclosure really piss her off this bad?

xHABITUALx

This is day 3 or so, of my female veiled showing these aggressive colors all day long, she is sleeping, eating, drinking, everything in her enclosure is ok from what I know, all natural plants, 60 watt incandescent bulb, and an arcadia 12% uvb bulb, she is receiving earthpro A every other day(which is how often she is fed) i took down a picture that had reflective glass thinking maybe she could see herself, but she is still showing these colors??? Please help i don't want her to be irritated all day like this!!

Attachments

• IMG_3069.jpg
    IMG_3069.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 105
Can you take a photo of the entire enclosure please?
Also, how long have you had her & when was the last time she laid eggs? Do you have a lay bin for her?

So basking is really way too hot for a female you want no hotter then 80. Depending on how you are taking the temps on that area this may or may not be an accurate number.... However I am a bit concerned with how close she can get to it. This can be dangerous and pose a thermal burn risk.

If a 12% UVB bulb is being used then you need a full 12 inch distance between fixture and branch to ensure the proper UVI level. Too much UVB is just as bad as too little UVB.

What other supplements are you using besides EP-A?

Gotcha, trying to get her a bigger enclosure so she can be at that 12 inch mark without being too low in the enclosure if that makes sense. I'm not sure what wattage incandescent bulb to get to achieve that sweet spot, trying to refrain from the red bulb. And I have a repti-cal supplement with a repti-vite that you mix?? Trying to find a more simple solution. I hope im on the right track, I really am trying to make sure she has the best.

Gotcha, trying to get her a bigger enclosure so she can be at that 12 inch mark without being too low in the enclosure if that makes sense. I'm not sure what wattage incandescent bulb to get to achieve that sweet spot, trying to refrain from the red bulb. And I have a repti-cal supplement with a repti-vite that you mix?? Trying to find a more simple solution. I hope im on the right track, I really am trying to make sure she has the best.
You can lift both up off the top to achieve the right temps and UVB distance. No red bulb at all...

Is the reptivite with D3 or the reptical?

reptical is, only twice a month for each of those if im correct
Yes, exactly so you will rotate those two week to week and then use the EP-A at all other feedings. Or you buy the Reptivite with D3 and use this 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th and then use EP-A at all other feedings. But you have to get your distances right for uvb to basking so work on raising it up off the top and you have to correct temps and distance for the heat bulb.

Last edited:
Also her eyes seem to be a bit sunken in but her urates are white with a little orange spot at the end? But I have a dripper and feed her horn worms and things like cucumber from time to time to give her more hydration, not sure how to fix or if its a problem?

Also her eyes seem to be a bit sunken in but her urates are white with a little orange spot at the end? But I have a dripper and feed her horn worms and things like cucumber from time to time to give her more hydration, not sure how to fix or if its a problem?
As long as her urates are at least 50% white she is fine. They will suck their eyes when they are being defensive as well. Skip feeding her veg... it does not digest properly and since they are insectivores they are not meant to have fruit and veg.

Ok, Its so easy to be misinformed, even on this forum of what is ok and what's not. Guess I'll be safe and not feed her the fruits etc..

Ok, Its so easy to be misinformed, even on this forum of what is ok and what's not. Guess I'll be safe and not feed her the fruits etc..
some of us are of the mindset that we do not feed it at all ( I am in that category) and some think it is ok.... Truth is they do eat their leaves but it is to aid in digestion not because they are hungry. So we gutload with the fruit and veg so that nutrients hopefully pass that way.

I moved her basking branch for the heat down and was able to drop the heat to about 84.7°, then I elevated the uvb up so I have now, about 12" of space between the bulb and the basking spot. I woke up this morning, and just as I turned the uvb on she started showing the aggressive colors again, still not sure what is making her upset??

Attachments

• 20200930_083441.jpg
    20200930_083441.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 98
I moved her basking branch for the heat down and was able to drop the heat to about 84.7°, then I elevated the uvb up so I have now, about 12" of space between the bulb and the basking spot. I woke up this morning, and just as I turned the uvb on she started showing the aggressive colors again, still not sure what is making her upset??
That is better but for a female you really do not want it over 80 for her at basking. Temps and food intake have a direct impact on egg production.

Ok anything new in the room that has a reflective surface? Mirror etc? And how long has she been in this enclosure?

Back
Top Bottom