Correct Temperature's for Panther Chameleons

RoseWithWings

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to say thank you for all your advice over the last few days!
We got our male in today and we were doing some research for both our babies, what are the recommended basking temperatures for both chameleons (male estimated age 2.5 months & female estimated 4 months)?

The Info below is for the male and female and they have the same separated cages.

Thank you for all your help!

-Sam

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - Ambilobe Panther Chameleon- Female, estimated age 4 months, // MALE Ambilobe Panther 2.5 months old
Handling - Rarely my hand is present to feed that's it.
Feeding - Crickets and Superworms for female.. Male gets pinheads
Supplements - reptical calcium. herptive without D3.
Watering - They are both misted for 1 minute, every two hours per day with our mist king

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Reptibreeze 16"L x 16"W x 30"H
Lighting - 40 watt household bulb with new 5.0 uvb light bulb . Lighting schedule roughly matches daylight hours, currently 7am to 8:30pm
Temperature - Basking temp ranges between 85 to 90F for female and for the male Basking Temp ranges from 80 to 88F Night temps are no lower than 80F. Thermostat & digital thermometer are used.
Humidity - 65-88
Plants - 2 large ficus, fake plants for both cages
Placement - Cages located in bedroom, 3ft above ground. Myself and my boyfriend are in the room at night to sleep we work mostly during the day
Location - Arizona

Basking and cage temps can be about the same. Females can be kept a little lower. Lower temps are thought to help in the prevention of egg production. Overall ambient cage temp should be in the low to mid 70's and the basking in 85-90 degree range. If you see either one opening their mouth during basking, then lower your temp by changing out your bulb wattage.

Welcome to the chameleon forums. This is a great place to learn about chameleons. Congrats on your babies! Do you have them housed together? If so they need separated enclosures. I think babies should be kept cooler. For babies I recommend a basking spot in the low 80's and your female will need a basking spot in the low 80's her entire life except when breeding, if you breed. Then you could up her basking spot to the mid 80's. I have a couple of blogs and a video attached below. The first is general care for your chameleons and then my blog about egg laying. Females can and often do lay eggs without being mated and I recommend keeping a laying bin in the enclosure at all times after they reach the age of 5 months old. The attached video will show you how to set up a laying bin.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/jannb/345-egg-laying-laying-bin.html
https://www.chameleonforums.com/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video-77225/

More great in for here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/chameleons/

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to say thank you for all your advice over the last few days!
We got our male in today and we were doing some research for both our babies, what are the recommended basking temperatures for both chameleons (male estimated age 2.5 months & female estimated 4 months)?

The Info below is for the male and female and they have the same separated cages.

Thank you for all your help!

-Sam

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - Ambilobe Panther Chameleon- Female, estimated age 4 months, // MALE Ambilobe Panther 2.5 months old
Handling - Rarely my hand is present to feed that's it.
Feeding - Crickets and Superworms for female.. Male gets pinheads
Supplements - reptical calcium. herptive without D3.
Watering - They are both misted for 1 minute, every two hours per day with our mist king

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Reptibreeze 16"L x 16"W x 30"H
Lighting - 40 watt household bulb with new 5.0 uvb light bulb . Lighting schedule roughly matches daylight hours, currently 7am to 8:30pm
Temperature - Basking temp ranges between 85 to 90F for female and for the male Basking Temp ranges from 80 to 88F Night temps are no lower than 80F. Thermostat & digital thermometer are used.
Humidity - 65-88
Plants - 2 large ficus, fake plants for both cages
Placement - Cages located in bedroom, 3ft above ground. Myself and my boyfriend are in the room at night to sleep we work mostly during the day
Location - Arizona
What kind of thermostat you using ?

Back
Top Bottom