Cornea Caps

lthrbecks

Established Member
Hi Folks

This is a follow up from a couple of days ago. Some of you, were looking for photos of Figaros 'eye cap'
It's always his left eye and is usually every six to eight weeks between Veterinary visits.

For anyone passing on advice, thank you so much in advance. I'd like to remove the cap myself, but an eye, is a little delicate, even by my standards.

Attachments

• 20220909_125211.jpg
    20220909_125211.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220909_125145.jpg
    20220909_125145.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220909_125120.jpg
    20220909_125120.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 28
Thank you for coming back and providing pics. :) I do understand why you/your vet are calling them ‘caps’…it seems an apt description. I have no idea what those are so can’t comment on that. However, in the area around your fella’s eye towards the inner and bottom section, he has a bulging that doesn’t appear normal. While my knowledge is limited, I have seen that when others chams have had that, it has been something trapped in the eye…like a keratin plug or other piece of debris. It required a vet to do a deep eye flush to clear it properly. It may also be something related to sinuses, as the two areas are so closely situated. I’d be inclined to think that the ‘cap’ and the bulging are related. Please don’t think I’m being critical here, as my goal is purely an attempt to offer my opinion in the hope that it may be of some help to you and your chameleon.

Thank so very much for your input. I must admit, I was very tempted, to remove this ',film' myself. Paddy, my partner, talked me out of it, purely because of the delicate situation and let's face it, you don't have a more sensitive body part, as an eyeball!

Looked through some of you old posts. His eye turrets don't look as bad a year ago. I did notice you were using fake vine that are knw to have part come off and get in eyes. If your still using that could be part of problem. It's old post where you were asking about eye rubbing. When you were told about to much d3. If it's same cham.

Sadly,I think you're referring to Hammy, my previous cam. He died four months I got him. He took breathing issues. I hindsight I probably shouldn't have used a glass vivarium

Hi Folks

This is a follow up from a couple of days ago. Some of you, were looking for photos of Figaros 'eye cap'
It's always his left eye and is usually every six to eight weeks between Veterinary visits.

For anyone passing on advice, thank you so much in advance. I'd like to remove the cap myself, but an eye, is a little delicate, even by my standards.
Thank you for sharing!! Theses little creatures can pop up with issues at the drop of a dime. When something does happen it’s nice to know someone may have already been through it and shared their experience here to learn from. 😊

Back
Top Bottom