Cork Tile Background Question

Hakai

Hey, this should technically be in the pygmy enclosure section, but it could be more general too and I figured I'd get a quicker reply posting here. Is it worth it/possible to lay my 12"x18" cork tile background horizontally and put it against the back wall of a 10gal aquarium? There is about an inch of space on both sides as 10gals are 20" long. I'm wondering if it would be worth it since feeders could get caught behind it, especially with an inch on each side. Anyone have experience with it?

What kind of cork are you using? I used cork sheets (I cut them to fit), on three sides, so they could wedge into each other at the corners, and glued them to the glass with aquarium silicone. If you glue it, the feeders shouldn't (hopefully) be able to get back there.

Its this thing. For some reason they make them like warped, so they're not straight. so the silicon would only be on the edges since the back of the tile wouldnt even touch the glass

Attachments

• corktile.1.jpg
    corktile.1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 110
What if you wet the back ground by spraying it down, set it on a flat concrete surface, put a board and something heavy on it to flatten it out? Would it work, or would it crack?

What if you wet the back ground by spraying it down, set it on a flat concrete surface, put a board and something heavy on it to flatten it out? Would it work, or would it crack?

I don't know if i wanna risk it. I'm assuming they're supposed to be like that for whatever reason. Maybe I could put some sort of blockers in the gaps? I just don't know what I would put there.

Do you think you could seal the edges where it touches, enough where there wouldn't be an opening for the crickets to get to?

ETA:
Pobably wouldn't work. Just realized what you meant. It's bowed in the center isn't it?

Not sure what that means...Gotta go for now,sry, be back on in a few hours. Thanks for your help!

What about spray foam like you use to seal your window and such. Not sure if it would be toxic after it dries but it will fill any hole no matter the shape or size

What about spray foam like you use to seal your window and such. Not sure if it would be toxic after it dries but it will fill any hole no matter the shape or size

Sounds like a good solution, just need to see if its toxic or not. Thanks for the suggestion

Back
Top Bottom