Cop pepper sprays baby squirrel

jojackson

A Texan police officer pepper spraying a baby squirrel has sparked outrage after it was recently posted on YouTube.

http://video.dailytelegraph.com.au/1876170305/Cop-pepper-sprays-baby-squirrel

squirrel.jpg

Moron!

Dan you way understated it, moron doesn't come close to how stupid and inhumane that jerk of a cop was. What a coward, afraid of a baby squirrel. He could have tossed a towel over it and taken it to a shelter or something.

Wonder what the back story was. Why he was there? If he was called in? Possible rabid squirrel? People just watch videos and don't ask the questions to get the whole story. I don't condone the action, I am just wondering what the WHOLE story is.

Woah. Unless that little teeny fluffy baby was seriously threatening the man's life, why on earth would you do that? News articles say that the baby might have been rabid. They base this on the fact that the squirrel was approaching them and most squirrels avoid human contact.

Let's think about this here. The squirrel is at a school, doing what squirrels do, look for food, eat, etc. There happens to be massive amounts of food at schools. So, squirrel+school food=squirrel not afraid of people!!!!! WTF

The squirrels at central park here come right up to people to see if they have food. None of them are rabid, they just want food. Their reasoning behind it makes no sense to me unless they have some other form of evidence that the squirrel may indeed have been rabid!

EDIT: Apparently, animal control officers took care of it before setting it free again in the wild!!!!!!! Stupid man!

Woah guys, come on. That squirrel could have lept up and attacked the cop's jugular or that of one of the innocent bystanders he was protecting from the imminent danger. We all know these animals are furry balls of fury and have an unquenchable bloodlust. If you ask me he escaped unscathed by the skin on his teeth.

Obviously, I also agree the man is a jerk.

Woah guys, come on. That squirrel could have lept up and attacked the cop's jugular or that of one of the innocent bystanders he was protecting from the imminent danger. We all know these animals are furry balls of fury and have an unquenchable bloodlust. If you ask me he escaped unscathed by the skin on his teeth.

:D

rabbitattack.jpg

I think a tazer would have been more effective! I guess they need bait for the rattle snake round up? Idiot cop! BOOO! HISS!

Well, I can't for the life of me figure out why they couldn't capture the thing and take it away, but I do want to note that here, at least, ground squirrels carry fleas which transmit bubonic plague. We're all sort of on warning not to engage overly with them (toss the peanuts, don't hand feed!). So, fear of squirrel doesn't seem that surprising to me.

Sure, but when you consider that there are only 10-15 cases per year in the US, I dont think the fear should be that great. Just throw a dang towel over the animal!

I probably would have stood between the squirrel and the cop myself, but I've been like that since I was able to talk. I'm always the first the check things out and to stop people from doing stuff like that unless it is absolutely required.

I think it's more like 18 a year, sure, that's low, but it's most likely because people back off from handling wild rodents and squirrels. Why take the risk?

That said, we've had animal control come out and remove a venomous snake from our yard and they managed to do that without harming it, so why couldn't someone pick up the danged squirrel?

Back
Top Bottom