Controller feedback please.

broderp

Avid Member
I've been working on a reptile controller for many weeks and would like to pose a few questions to the community aimed at those individuals who use an automated controller of some type for thier chams, anyone who is looking to or considering such a device.

I have a second prototype up and running for the last 3 weeks (working great BTW) but am slowly moving towards a finalized design. Being a noob to Chams, I'd like ot get some feedback please.

What features would be desireable for chams, giving the wide variety of environments we owners have around the world.

Here is my short list. My current working prototype has the following features fully operational:

1. Automatic heat/light control - on, off, linked
2. Automatic humidity control -on, off, linked
3. Automatic daytime and night time on/off of Heat/Light
4. Automatic daytime and night time on/off of Humidity
5. Humidy linked to heat/light - by passable.
6. Service mode - lights on regardless of auto mode , for cleaning etc.

I am currently in the second phase of my design and am moving to a DC controlled circuit, this new design will offer the additional features

1. Day light (no heat) control - on, off, linked (designed)
2. Cool circuit on celsius models - on, off, linked (designed)
3. Dimming capability to either heat and/or day light circuit (designed, but not yet implemented)
4. Sunrise, sunset feature (still on the drawing board, looking at circuit options)

I'm laying out the DC control board now and hopefully will be making the prototype soon. I know there are controllers already out there, but they are $$$. I am using off the shelf parts, along with my own circuits and design for the controller board. Plus this is fun for me to do! ;)

Any feedback is welcome. Maybe this can be used with other critters as well?

Sounds like it does everything - I've looked at the expensive ones - I have no idea how you would do it but the one thing I think would be nice is one that would give you a remote alarm if things went bad. (like the electric or heat went off and you were at work) My main interest in a "system" would be to get rid of all the wires and hoses -

Back
Top Bottom