Continuing to dig at night.

My chameleon has recently began digging a tunnel in the lay area that I've provided her and she was still digging when i turned her lights off for the night and she seemed to stay in the tunnel. I left her for an hour as she should be sleeping by this time however she is still digging rather than sleeping. Is this normal? I'm also worried that she could get stuck or the tunnel will cave in on her.

They will continue to dig in the night often. Just don't disturb her...don't let her see you watching her...let her do her thing.

She finally laid last night. A total of 49 eggs! I'm just a little worried about her at the minute as she won't eat or drink anything... I thought that she would be starving but she won't even turn her head at anything I put in front of her. Other than that she is moving around like a normal healthy chameleon.

The clutches are too large. I'm hoping she hasn't retained eggs.

She should have been acting hungry, thirsty after laying this batch of eggs...so this is what's making me wonder about retained eggs along with the number of eggs she has laid.

After she laid the last batch, did you put her on the "diet" we recommend and control her temperatures to decrease the size of the clutches?

Back
Top Bottom