constipated.

ricky20

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - blue bar ambilobe, male, just over a year old. in my care for 1 year. His name is Herbert

Handling - Handled as often as he cares to be handled. I put my hand infront of him and if he climbs on then i'll take him out. Lately he has not cared to come out.

Feeding - Main diet is crickets, 8-12, Mon-Wed-Fri-Sun, gutloading with mainly collard greens and mix it up with fruits every so often.

Supplements - herptivite multivitamins, zoomed calcium with d3 and fluker's calcium without D3. multivitamins and D3 on monday alternating weeks. fluker's without D3 wed & fri and sunday free of any dusting.

Watering - Monsoon is setup to spray in the morning and afternoon for 1 minute each, i also bottle spray the cage when i get the chance for a few minutes and if i see that it's got Herbert's attention then I will continue to spray until I see him drink. I do see him drink occassionally.

Fecal Description - Lack of fecal production is the concern.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - screen, 2x2x4H

Lighting - zilla strip light and exo terra solar glo. 10-12 hr lighting depending on change in season.

Temperature - basking temp of 92*, lowest spot is 74* during day. measure with 2 seperate digital zilla thingamabobs

Humidity - ambient humidity is between 20-30 depending on the day (live in canada) i aim for 50-60%. humidifier at base of a raised cage

Plants - I have a potted pothos

Placement - cage in office room, facing a south facing window, minimal traffic, top of cage is just under 6ft from the ground.

Location - Ontario, Canada

Mi problema! Herbert has not dropped a deuce in what I believe to be greater than 2 weeks. I have caught him recently shooting soil from the potted pothos and unfortunately due to all the vines coming out of there it makes it a little impossible to cover up so i may have to remove pothos from the soil. I have seen him lap at and shoot water this past week and his appetite is healthy and unchanged.

I have searched the forums and I understand that I could give him 'oil." What oil is this and is it as simple as dropping it on a cricket prior to feeding or dropping it close to the seam of his mouth?

How concerning is it as well that he has not pooed in that long because I have read that it's normal for some at an older age althought I dont believe being just over a year old is that old.

I have searched and searched and am not able to find any hidden droppings and they're normally obvious.

Anyway thank you for your time guys and gals. You guys have always been helpful. So thanks again in advance.

If constipated, just put a drop of mineral or olive oil on a feeder and give it to him. One drop is plenty, and you should see a giant poop the next day.

Back
Top Bottom