Constant molting

This is an old pic but, you get... Cage and lighting been upgraded. Just to give u n idea

Attachments

• 1FA0F91E-D952-471D-BF6B-3D27F6BEA62E.jpeg
    1FA0F91E-D952-471D-BF6B-3D27F6BEA62E.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 179
How do you attach things to the Dragon Ledge?
This is my enclosure and I'm still working on adding more I have several plants that need to go back in. I just moved from an apartment to a house and have been slacking BIG time. Close up photo shows the basic ledge attachment essentially heavy duty zip ties to the ledges.
The vertical branch keeps the weight of the pot off my screen
15602734514097391743458810211260.jpg
IMG_20190611_101557.jpg 15602734514097391743458810211260.jpg 15602735487705297383551276859735.jpg 15602735487705297383551276859735.jpg
15602734514097391743458810211260.jpg
IMG_20190611_101557.jpg

I guess I need to get rid of him to someone who can better set up a cage cuz I can’t.

There is a ton of info a tips in the "Enclosures" section of the forum. You dont "need" to hang anything unless you cant find a safe plant that is tall enough.

Don't give up so easily.

If you do re-home your chameleon and decide to try again in the future, remember to research and set up the enclosure ahead of time. Give yourself time to figure out the best layout, plants, and so on before bringing a cham home.

My juvenile (don’t know his exact age) veiled chameleon seems to be constantly molting. Should I be concerned?
Mine did that too, he wasn’t even eating.. chilled at bottom of cage..... Nothing a few fat juicy hornworms can’t fix.... Mine was stressed from all the movement in my house, I got a palm tree, planted 2 more plants to the point I can’t see him at all except when he’s basking. He’s way more happy, stopped shedding, and is back to Being the old Grumpy Chameleon.

I’m just going to keep it the way it is. He was in an enclosure with even less plants and did fine.

You're joking, right...? "Fine" isn't good enough. If you actually care for this animal, then don't you want to provide it the best enclosure possible? If you're not willing to make the changes he needs, then you are obligated to re-home the poor thing.

I’m just going to keep it the way it is. He was in an enclosure with even less plants and did fine.
The it is good enough attitude is never the right attitude with chameleons... There is a reason why they react the way they do in captivity. When their environment is not correct it directly impacts them. When their supplements, lighting, temperatures, Humidity levels, Gutload for feeders is not correct it directly impacts them. When one thing is off they get sick and die.

This is not a dog or a cat... That is just fine with its bed, bowls, and food. This is a complex animal that requires the best care and a thoughtful person that is willing to put in the time, money, and effort it takes to care for them properly...

If the this is fine and good enough attitude is how you are approaching the actual environment he is living in then your not going to have the attitude to put forth the effort to make the additional changes needed.

Rehome him if you do not want to give him the best. Find a Keeper that will. Otherwise your next post will be my chameleon is dying what did I do wrong.. Harsh maybe... But this is how it happens.

There is no easy way to set up a proper enclosure. It is going to involve some degree of hard work and determination to learn and apply what is required. This goes for everything in life...

Unfortunately, "Fine" doesn't go over well in a lot areas in life. If you lived in a cement box then got moved to another cement box with a carpet would you be content with that?

No body here is going to spoon feed you the information. Plenty of sources have been listed here for you to read and understand. Practically everything we know about enclosure set ups and chameleon care started with people who had to figure it out on there own before these forums existed.

I personally use a tall deli cup with just a pinch of powder in it and gently swirl the feeders around in the supplement. I haven't tried the cricket shaker.
I just put them in a plastic bag with a little bit of powder and shake the life out of them

Back
Top Bottom