Considering a medium Dragon Strand ClearSide Enclosure

im seriously considering buying one of these enclosures but I have some questions. Anyone with knowledge or experience? Help would be appreciated.

Purchasing- Nothing on the website shows how many builds are in their stock. Does this mean they sell that many that fast? I just want to make sure that when I buy it I don’t have to wait 4-5 months to receive it.

Mounting- I have a mistking ultimate system. I haven’t read anything that states whether or not top mounting is sufficient for the corner wedges that I currently have installed.

Clear PVC- nothing is scratch proof. Is this more resistant to scratches than acrylic? What’s a good cleaning method?

Enclosure stands- does anyone have a link to their purchased stands or pics of what they’ve got currently?

Any replies to this post would be greatly appreciated!

I ordered a large clearside atrium Dec. 26th, and just received the drainage tray yesterday, and the enclosure on Thursday. It is, indeed, a few months. Cleaning is recommended to be done with RO water, distilled water, or other form of "clean water" and a tshirt. The clearside enclosures take longer to make than the screened enclosures. I'll be putting it on this: https://www.menards.com/main/storag...1-c-12652.htm?tid=-7944835332655592957&ipos=2

The top is still screened, so any corner mounting you have for the Mistking should be transferrable. If you email Bill directly, he's a great help, as well..

I ordered a large clearside atrium Dec. 26th, and just received the drainage tray yesterday, and the enclosure on Thursday. It is, indeed, a few months. Cleaning is recommended to be done with RO water, distilled water, or other form of "clean water" and a tshirt. The clearside enclosures take longer to make than the screened enclosures. I'll be putting it on this: https://www.menards.com/main/storag...1-c-12652.htm?tid=-7944835332655592957&ipos=2

The top is still screened, so any corner mounting you have for the Mistking should be transferrable. If you email Bill directly, he's a great help, as well..
Hey there did you get 1 or 2 of those racks? I put mine on a cabinet that was 19inches deep and had to then put two boards under it to make it so the front and back of the tray where not hanging over the edges. I found that once you add the weight of everything in the cage the drip tray needs support on all the side pieces. Have fun with your new enclosure they are fantastic.

Hey there did you get 1 or 2 of those racks? I put mine on a cabinet that was 19inches deep and had to then put two boards under it to make it so the front and back of the tray where not hanging over the edges. I found that once you add the weight of everything in the cage the drip tray needs support on all the side pieces. Have fun with your new enclosure they are fantastic.

Menards - $90.

I have 3 Large Clearside Atriums and love them (well, TBH one is still in the box as we re-organize my chameleon room). You can subscribe to the newsletter which will indicate when your product is slated to be shipped. You will see the order numbers which are going to ship out - I ordered mine in October and got it in December, and Bill is very good about communicating along the way.

I have a mistking as well and what we did was to run the hoses and nozzles up the side of the tank and mount them in the front of the tank, above the doors in 3 places which gives very good coverage of the cage.

The clearside material is more like very thick plastic sheeting. You can just wipe it clean and it doesn't scratch because the chameleon can't get a grip on it to climb up those sides. The top and right side are screened.

Two of my cages are on desk stands that I bought from World Market, but I think they are discontinued. For my third one (the one not set up), I bought a desk on Amazon which is flat with shelves under it to hold supplies. It too is in the box in the garage until we can get to setting it up. I bought the drip tray for each cage, and every week or so I just go in with towels or papertowels and sop up the excess water on the ground and squeeze it into the plants that might not get a full amount of spray.

I'd strongly advise to get the Large Clearside if you have the means. I have 2 veileds, and they and my panther who passed use/d all of the space available to them - they really like the horizontal areas. I'm going to include a pic of the large clearside (when I was first getting it set up so there aren't any plants, though you can see the pots that I use to slide pots of plants into, sitting next to a standard 2x2x4' screen cage to get an idea of the actual dimensions. Good luck!View attachment 221126

So I have stumbled across this beautiful large enclosure, and must ask, what material is used to build that wall??

We use Great Stuff (the pond-safe one in a red and yellow can), then cover it with the black silicone, and finally cover it with coco fibers. If you build one be sure to go slow, and gradually build up the layers. We frame out what "design" we want on the back, and then use that as a template. If you try to put too much Great Stuff down at one time it will bulge out the sides (either through the screen or make the solid side bulge out a little). Once all the Great Stuff is dry, then you can cover it with silicone and the coco fibers. This is definately either an outdoor or in the garage project!

Back
Top Bottom