Congratulations! you are now vice president of pet supply company!

JacksJill

Website Manager
Staff member
Move into your corner office and begin your first project of revamping the Chameleon Kit.
What would you have it include?

My list includes; 24x24x48 and 18x18x36 size cage, live plant pot hangers, a dual T5 light fixture, supplement samples of plain calcium, Ca with D3 and a vitamin combo, a dripper that works.
What else would you add? I have more ideas but I don't want to steal all the thunder.

Move into your corner office and begin your first project of revamping the Chameleon Kit.
What would you have it include?

My list includes; 24x24x48 and 18x18x36 size cage, live plant pot hangers, a dual T5 light fixture, supplement samples of plain calcium, Ca with D3 and a vitamin combo, a dripper that works.
What else would you add? I have more ideas but I don't want to steal all the thunder.
misters?

Here is what the current kits have- Kit includes: Reptibreeze 16x16x30 Too small, Naturalistic Vine Bad for feet , Cage Carpet Retains bacteria, Naturalistic Plant Plastic Insuficient for cover , Repticalcium sample, Reptivite sample, Digital Thermometer, Tropical Lighting Kit w/ UVB Compact florescent poor UVB , Reptisafe sample.

Ok so I started with this awful "kit". I would add all that you have mentioned and. A simple drip pan I know these could be made in mass that would allow the cage to sit up on it. A pressurized spray bottle, magnetic feeding cup, dome lamp mount, dome lamp. Digital wired thermometer and a digital hydrometer. :)

Maybe they could at least include the 26W UVB 10.0 compact bulb. It's probably all about keeping the price down. You can get a T8 fixture for $10 at wall-mart, so maybe have one of those and a UVB 10.0 T8 bulb which would still be cheap to include. How about a water collection tub in the bottom with a drain plug that fits the cage perfectly. Surely ZooMed could manufacture an elegant solution if they realized how big the drainage issue is. Maybe a jungle pattern sheet of plastic that fits on to the back screen (for misting).

Gee after all these years in the forum...u are going backwards on these cage set up...what happen to u:rolleyes::p
I'm hoping that the companies that make these things will get the hint and improve their awful misleading product.
Ok so I started with this awful "kit". I would add all that you have mentioned and. A simple drip pan I know these could be made in mass that would allow the cage to sit up on it. A pressurized spray bottle, magnetic feeding cup, dome lamp mount, dome lamp. Digital wired thermometer and a digital hydrometer. :)
Maybe they could at least include the 26W UVB 10.0 compact bulb. It's probably all about keeping the price down. You can get a T8 fixture for $10 at wall-mart, so maybe have one of those and a UVB 10.0 T8 bulb which would still be cheap to include. How about a water collection tub in the bottom with a drain plug that fits the cage perfectly. Surely ZooMed could manufacture an elegant solution if they realized how big the drainage issue is. Maybe a jungle pattern sheet of plastic that fits on to the back screen (for misting).
All good ideas now we are getting somewhere.

I'm hoping that the companies that make these things will get the hint and improve their awful misleading product.

All good ideas now we are getting somewhere.
Zoomed is a corporation...they are trying to monopolize the whole chameleon industry..another words...sell the basic cage n take all the chameleon beginner keeper ...they dont have to worry about the advance people like us...cause we wont buy from them..but there are tons of new virgin territory of chameleon newbie keepers coming in steadily n willing to pay the cheaper price just to start their hobby for keeping their first cham.

Ok and I also what some sort of removable individual vinyl panels... They could have velcro for attachment. This way you avoid the water spray out on the back or if you need to retain humidity you can. This would be a very inexpensive addition.

Ok so their kit is roughly 100 bucks. Mark up on everything is huge. But I feel they could produce a nice kit with the actual stuff needed for under $300. If this was the "kit" option sold instead of what they have now then of course people are going to buy it.

It would be sooo much better if they just swiped out the double dome for a double linear and a single dome.
Yes, and I think it would be cost effective as well. I don't think the jump in price would be much which they could compensate on the other side with price point.

I think if the lighting was at least correct and it came with a drip pan.. You know like a molded one they could mass produce. I found one in my searching months ago that was available in the UK I think, that I thought should be mass distributed.

Anyways if it at least had correct lighting and drip pan it would be a total step up from where it is.

It would allow for people to then take the next steps of having something better without risking MBD issues before they find out what they have done wrong.

Back
Top Bottom