Concerned.

KamaKamaChameleon!

Avid Member
My cham was at bottom of the cage when I walked in lot sprawled up straight up seemed he was still strong and so signs of mbd and when I came near his cage he hurried and climbed up? is he looking for food? When i watched him eat I saw he had little black residue around his mouth.

My cham was at bottom of the cage when I walked in lot sprawled up straight up seemed he was still strong and so signs of mbd and when I came near his cage he hurried and climbed up? is he looking for food? When i watched him eat I saw he had little black residue around his mouth.
How old is he?

Was the residue bug guts? Beman is now 7 months old. He will often crawl up and down to the bottom of his enclosure. Everything I read on it was that it was a normal thing for Males when they are reaching maturity and discovering their territory.

As long as the husbandry is right it wouldn't be MBD. You have him in a 2x2x4 right? If not it could be he needs more room.

As long as he didn't fall then there isnt anything to worry about. My 2 year old makes a trip to the bottom of his cage almost everyday in his daily rounds patrolling his territory. Make sure the floor is clean and there is nothing he can eat that he shouldnt and he'll be ok.

My little guy (7 months old) will venture down to the bottom of his enclosure every once in a while. He’s very active and explores all corners of his 2x2x4 enclosure. Sounds normal to me!
Same with My 7 month likes to hunt in the lower plants and soak up some of the first Ray's of sun only available in the morning on the bottom half of the enclosure. Seems to be pretty normal.

Same with My 7 month likes to hunt in the lower plants and soak up some of the first Ray's of sun only available in the morning on the bottom half of the enclosure. Seems to be pretty normal.
The only thing I would be careful about is whether or not he's able to access dirt in any live plants you have. I noticed my little booger eating dirt earlier this week so I had to buy more rocks to cover ALL of the dirt. :rolleyes:

The only thing I would be careful about is whether or not he's able to access dirt in any live plants you have. I noticed my little booger eating dirt earlier this week so I had to buy more rocks to cover ALL of the dirt. :rolleyes:
Yep, I actually had to put screen between the dirt and rocks because he could still see it and would go for it when he was younger. I couldn't add more rock because everything was anchored to the screen. Little turds will go after it no matter how hard you try to hide it LOL>

Yeah @extrajordinary I was over concerned about making everything perfect and finding a cover then came across The decorative rocks at the nursery for 70¢ a scoop... two scoops covered the base of each plant adding a nice aesthetic to the lower levels.

The decorative rocks at the nursery are 70¢ a scoop and two scoops covered the base of each plant adding a nice aesthetic to the lower levels.
Lucky.... My nursery does not carry them large enough. I had to get the ones at the craft store for 4 bucks a bag... Ended up needing 4 bags :(

I was able to get awesome plants but that is about all my local nursery is good for. My local reptile store is a joke. They are nice but know nothing.
Yesterday I went to buy feeders and was shocked when they remembered my name. One of the staff members has an adult male Veiled so it's been good getting some first hand advice from someone in the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom