Concerned veiled cam parent- White Spotting and bump on head

sammcarr03

Hi everyone, I have had my chameleon for a little over a year and I have some health concerns. I was planning on taking her to the vet but wanted to consult here too!
My chameleon, Cameron, has this white spotting which doesn’t seem to be a shed all over her body. She has been eating significantly less over the last couple weeks.
As well, she has this bump on her nose.
Thank you so much for all your help!
Here is her husbandry:
My Chameleon - Cameron is a veiled chameleon. She is about a year old and I have had her since she was a baby.
Handling - Very very rarely, I only handle her whenever I absolutely need to as she does not like it.
Feeding - I feed her a variety of crickets, super worms, and hornworms. She probably eats around 10 bugs every other day. The crickets are fed using the Flukers Calcium Cricket Quencher.
Supplements - I use zoomeds reprimiré and I also use the zoomed repticalcium once a week.
Watering - I use a combination of a fogger, room humidifier, and frequent misting. She frequently drinks off of plants.
Fecal Description - In the past couple of days (~3 since it was just cleaned) she has pooped once and it had brown fecal matter and white fecal matter.
History - Cameron has laid eggs before.
Cage Type - Screen cage, reptibreeze xl, 24x24x48.
Lighting - She has a 100w nighttime bulb which is on 24/7 as it is very cold in my building. As well, she has a two bulb fixture with a 13w UVB and a 100w infrared basking spot bulb.
Temperature - At the basking spot it is around 90 degrees, in the middle of the terrarium it is around 80 and at the bottom it is 70.
Humidity - I use a combination of a fogger, room humidifier, and frequent misting. The humidity is around 50% towards the top, but upwards of 90% towards the bottom. I have two thermometer/hygrometers on opposite sides of the terrarium.
Plants - All of the plants are fake, bad I know but that’s what works for us.
Placement - Low traffic, on top of a desk ~3ft from the air.
Location - San Antonio, Texas

Attachments

• F1C32A34-1BB0-47D1-9542-55CF3D4AE794.jpeg
    F1C32A34-1BB0-47D1-9542-55CF3D4AE794.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 535E9B04-2D22-4460-BC36-E933CD3293F6.jpeg
    535E9B04-2D22-4460-BC36-E933CD3293F6.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 5D30E1A3-AD9A-483A-97BE-5E1A69BA31CB.jpeg
    5D30E1A3-AD9A-483A-97BE-5E1A69BA31CB.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 29E97A7D-99E9-4E82-8440-27D7F8E2BBC2.jpeg
    29E97A7D-99E9-4E82-8440-27D7F8E2BBC2.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 87
Hi everyone, I have had my chameleon for a little over a year and I have some health concerns. I was planning on taking her to the vet but wanted to consult here too!
My chameleon, Cameron, has this white spotting which doesn’t seem to be a shed all over her body. She has been eating significantly less over the last couple weeks.
Here is her husbandry:
My Chameleon - Cameron is a veiled chameleon. She is about a year old and I have had her since she was a baby.
Handling - Very very rarely, I only handle her whenever I absolutely need to as she does not like it.
Feeding - I feed her a variety of crickets, super worms, and hornworms. She probably eats around 10 bugs every other day. The crickets are fed using the Flukers Calcium Cricket Quencher.
Supplements - I use zoomeds reprimiré and I also use the zoomed repticalcium once a week.
Watering - I use a combination of a fogger, room humidifier, and frequent misting. She frequently drinks off of plants.
Fecal Description - In the past couple of days (~3 since it was just cleaned) she has pooped once and it had brown fecal matter and white fecal matter.
Lighting - She has a 100w nighttime bulb which is on 24/7 as it is very cold in my building. As well, she has a two bulb fixture with a 13w UVB and a 100w infrared basking spot bulb.
Temperature - At the basking spot it is around 90 degrees, in the middle of the terrarium it is around 80 and at the bottom it is 70.
Humidity - I use a combination of a fogger, room humidifier, and frequent misting. The humidity is around 50% towards the top, but upwards of 90% towards the bottom. I have two thermometer/hygrometers on opposite sides of the terrarium.
Plants - All of the plants are fake, bad I know but that’s what works for us.
The white stuff on her is shed I have no idea about the bump.

The bump on the nose could be an infection. Has it been here long? Grown?

How many times has she laid eggs and when and how many eggs each time?

Her right front leg looks quite swollen near th ankle as well.

I think it would be a good idea for her to visit a vet.

Here is her husbandry:
Feeding - I feed her a variety of crickets, super worms, and hornworms. She probably eats around 10 bugs every other day.
THIS IS ACTUALLY TOO MANY INSECTS FOR HER. IM SURPRISED SHE HASNT HAD ANY REORODUCTIVE ISSUES SO FAR.
The crickets are fed using the Flukers Calcium Cricket Quencher.
IT WOULD BE BETTER TO FEED THE INSECTS A HEALTHY DIET. YOU WANT THE CHAMELEON TOMHAVE HEALTHY FOOD SO IT WILL BE HEALTHY TOO. ROACHES, CRICKETS, SUPERWORMS, LOCUSTS CAN BE FED A WIDE ASSORTMENT OF GREENS AND VEGGIES.
Supplements - I use zoomeds reprimiré and I also use the zoomed repticalcium once a week. I DONT USE EITHER OF TGESE. NOT SAYING TGEY ARE BAD OR ANYTHING...IM JUST NOT ABLE TO TELL YOU HIW GOOD THEY ARE OR HOW OFTEN TO USE EACH. I CAN TELL YOU THAT MY VEILEDS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN GIVEN INSECTS DUSTED AT ALL FEEDINGS BUT ONE A WEEK WITH A PHIS FREE CALCIUM POWDER. ON THE ONE FEEDING A WEEK WHERE THAT ISNT DONE...ITS ALTERNATED BETWEEN A PHOS FREE CALCIUM/D3 POWDER AND A VITAMIN POWDER. THE VITAMIN POWDER THAT IS NOW RECOMMENDED IS ONE WITH NO D3 BUT WITHNPREFORMED VITAMIN A. ALL DUSTINGS SHOULD BE LIGHT.
Fecal Description - In the past couple of days (~3 since it was just cleaned) she has pooped once and it had brown fecal matter and white fecal matter. THE WHITE PART IS URATES...AND SHOULD BE WHITE WITH A SLIGHT ORANGE TINGE TO IT.
History - Cameron has laid eggs before. HOW MANY EACH TIME AND WHEN?
THERE SHOULD BE NO LIGHTS ON AT NIGHT. TEMPERATURES CAN GO DOWN TO THE 50'S AT NIGHT. THE MOST RECOMMENDED UVB LIGHTS ARE THE LONG LINEAR TUBE LIGHTS...EITHER A REPTISUN 5.0 OR AN ARCADIA 6%. THE BASKING LIGHT ONLY NEEDS TO BE A REGULAR INCANDESCENT HOUSEHOLD BULB OF A WATTAGE THAT PUTS THE BASKING TEMPERATURE AT 80F.
Temperature - At the basking spot it is around 90 degrees, in the middle of the terrarium it is around 80 and at the bottom it is 70. IMHO 90 F IS TOO HOT.
Plants - All of the plants are fake, bad I know but that’s what works for us. FAKE PLANTS FOR VEILEDS RE DANGEROUS SINCE THEY OFTEN EAT PLANT LEAVES...EVEN THOUGH YOU THINKMIT WORKS.

Here is her husbandry:
Feeding - I feed her a variety of crickets, super worms, and hornworms. She probably eats around 10 bugs every other day. The crickets are fed using the Flukers Calcium Cricket Quencher. She's eating a little too much, I would suggest 4-6 feeders every other day.
Lighting - She has a 100w nighttime bulb which is on 24/7 as it is very cold in my building. As well, she has a two bulb fixture with a 13w UVB and a 100w infrared basking spot bulb. Low temps at night are actually beneficial for chameleons, if it drops below 55°F you can use a ceramic heat emitter, lamps at night won't let your chameleon sleep properly.
Temperature
- At the basking spot it is around 90 degrees, in the middle of the terrarium it is around 80 and at the bottom it is 70. Temps are too high, try to keep it at 85°F on basking and mid 70s in the rest of the enclosure. When gravid lower it to 80°F on basking spot.
Humidity
- I use a combination of a fogger, room humidifier, and frequent misting. The humidity is around 50% towards the top, but upwards of 90% towards the bottom. I have two thermometer/hygrometers on opposite sides of the terrarium. How often do you mist? At what time? How's the humidity during the day vs at night?
Plants
- All of the plants are fake, bad I know but that’s what works for us. Unfortunately if it works for you doesn't necessarily mean that works for your chameleon as well.. live plants help keeping humidity up limiting your need to mist often. Try with pothos, it really takes effort to kill those.
Placement
- Low traffic, on top of a desk ~3ft from the air.
I've put notes in red. I know someone that experienced bumps similar to that one, ended up with 5 bumps in a month and the chameleon had to have surgery.

Back
Top Bottom