Concerned over nothing? I hope.

Nicole1982

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Female baby Veiled Chameleon. Not sure of exact age but under 3 months. Probably closer to 6 to 8 weeks. Been in my care for three weeks.
Handling - Have not handled since the day we got her.
Feeding - 1/8 inch crickets gutloaded with watercress, carot, and sweet potato. Also some fruit flies still but mainly crickets. She eats around 20 per day divided into three sessions( 9am, 11am, 2pm)
Supplements - Zoo-Med calcium without D3 on every feeder 2 out of the 3 sessions daily. Reptivite 2 times monthly.
Watering - I manually mist 4 times daily. Home made dripper as well.
Fecal Description - Formed brown poop with white urates. Has not been tested for parasites. First base line vet check next week, test will be done then.
History - Bought from local Exotics store who bought from an online source. She spent only 6 hrs at store before coming to my home. The male that was shipped with her is still at said Exotics store and not doing well.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen Reptarium. 16.5 by 16.5 by 30.
Lighting - 5.0 repti glo uvb bulb with hood, and 60 watt exo terra heat bulb
Temperature - Basking temp ranges between 81 and 83. Ambient temp throughout cage range from 70 to 80. Lowest nighttime temp is 62.
Humidity -Unsure on humidity levels.
Plants - Two live plants. Pothos and a bromelaid. Fake vines and branches throughout.
Placement - Cage is on top of dresser in bedroom. Reletively low traffic. No fans or vents.
Location - Southern Maine.

Current Problem - Slightly concerned about her size. She's been in my care for 3 weeks and hasn't grown at all. She has not shed. She eats and drinks like a champ. She's active during the day, no sleeping. She seems healthy. Could she be just a slow grower? Also a bit concerning is the male that she was shipped with is not doing well. He is still at the pet store. He's grown quite a bit but is sleeping during the day and I'm pretty sure he has a RI ( popping and a ton of excess saliva)...should I worry about this since my little girl was shipped with him? My main concern is her lack if shedding and growing. She's so tiny. Perhaps in being a paranoid mom lol...but any thoughts? And please do critique my husbandry! The photo I attached isn't the best. She's still quite skittish so it's hard to get a good photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 98
You shoul stop feeding fruit flies and feed her crickets, dubia nymphs, small hornworms and silkworms, as well as phoenix worms (Which are high in calcium).

Most likely, shes just not ready to shed yet.

Babies can shed every 3-5 weeks, so shes probably due for one fairly soon.

You can also raise her basking temperature a bit to stay steady at 84.

Back
Top Bottom