Common Questions From New Owners Fun Quiz

jojackson

Inviting Members To each Add their own simple helpful answers to each of these very common questions asked by new owners. It's intended this thread should be a fun Quiz to see if we can simplify responses and make them less confusing. Test your own knowledge and please give rep points where appropriate, its nice to be acknowledged. :)
The idea is not to go into fine detail, but provide a basic answer and perhaps a relevant link for a given question.
Answer in your own words the best and simplest (least confusing way) for the reader. Try not to cheat by reading others answers, its just fun and nobody will 'bag' you if your not an expert.
Have Fun! :)

I just bought a new lizard (within a week or two), Its not eating, whats wrong with it!

My lizard is dark color alot, whats going on?

My lizard is closing one eye, whats wrong?

How do I know if my lizard has enough to drink?

How do I know if my lizard has enough to eat

How do I raise the humidity in my lizards cage

What sex is my lizard

Why does my lizard hold its mouth open?

My lizard has white stuff around its nose, what is it?

My female lizard is staying on the floor/trying to dig, why?

My lizard hates me, why?

Whats wrong with substrate?

Does my lizard need heat at night?

How old is my lizard?

What is gutload?

What plants are safe?

My lizard ate dirt, help!

What are suppliments?

What is MBD?

so if a newbie or noob where to ask one of those questions, the answer not to give is "go look at another thread and find your answers there...." I getcha whata youisa saying, mate!

The idea is not to go into fine detail, but provide a basic answer and perhaps a relevant link for a given question.

Exactly Sledgehammer, that's never helpful and totally pointless, they never search and if they do, they get a thousand threads with vague titles, but if you want to answer that to every newby question, if thats your idea of fun , knock yourself out mate!
P.S Im an Aussie not Italian, what's with the "Fat Tony" talk?
picture-33601.jpg
:)

Last edited:
thats the wacky dude from the phantom menace lingo. jarjajrbinks, not tony soprano. I know your one of the backup singers from Men at Work, I get you mate. cheerio and pass the grey puopon.

Inviting Members To each Add their own simple helpful answers to each of these very common questions asked by new owners. It's intended this thread should be a fun Quiz to see if we can simplify responses and make them less confusing. Test your own knowledge and please give rep points where appropriate, its nice to be acknowledged. :)
Answer in your own words the best and simplest (least confusing way) for the reader. Try not to cheat by reading others answers, its just fun and nobody will 'bag' you if your not an expert.

I just bought a new lizard (within a week or two), Its not eating, whats wrong with it!
probubly trying to warm up, they turn dark to absorb the sunn
may be dehyrated give a nice warm shower, also look at suppliments ( vit )
should have brite white urate at the beginging of poo

try wrapping the screened sides with plastic, more misting, mist system
What sex is my lizard
veiled bigger casgue, spurs, Panther herm, bulge, briter colors
possibly mouth breathing ( not good )
over supplimentation
could be egg bound, provide laying bim
My lizard hates me, why?
chameleons are solitery creatures
chams can eat it causes impaction, holds bacteria
not if you can keep temp above 70 for most species,
How old is my lizard?
hard to tell
What is gutload?
the food you feed your insects
What plants are safe?
pothos hibidscus umbrella
probubbly offer extra water
What are suppliments?
calcum, multivitamin, calcium with d3 used to dust your feeders
What is MBD?

metabolic bone diseese cause the bones to become weak and not firm

how did i do?

I think you did pretty darn good mate, what about you? Thanks for responding.
Remember its all for fun, Its not for us to judge you, its for you to judge you!
Once theres a few responces, Im hoping it'll be informative for folk to compare there own answers with others. You might read someones answer thats different from yours and think 'oh yeah, good point that, ill remember to add that next time I respond to this question'
In this way lots of folk might pick up a little more and be able to help a little more in turn.
Its all about community spirit, and supporting each other, and in that way the forum gets even better for everyone. :)

If within the first few day. Give it time to adjust. Offer extra misting to keep it hydrated. Also offer a variety of foods, they can be picky

Increase the basking temps a few degrees, she/he might be trying to attract heat

Might be too bright of lighting or it has something in it's eye

Offer hand misting to see if it's drinking

Let it eat as must as it can in 15 min., and measure weight weekly to make sure not losing or gaining weight too quick

Live plants, mistings, cover 2 to 3 sides of enclosure, or humidifier

What sex is my lizard
Depends on species

Could have a URI, or too hot

Could be shedding skin or URI

Probaly ready to lay eggs, and needs a laying bin

My lizard hates me, why?
Chameleons aren't social animals. Some tolerate you and some don't

The fact that you have substrate. Remove it so you chameleon doesn't eat it and get impacted

If you keep the room at normal room tempature then no. If it is cool like below 60 than yesHow old is my lizard?

What is gutload?

Gut load is what you feed your chameleons food.

What plants are safe?
Theres a list https://www.chameleonforums.com/live-plant-database-2632/

Offer extra mistings and maybe a shower.

What are suppliments?
Suppliments are vitimins. Should be given Calcium without D3 every feeding and with D3 twice a month

What is MBD?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/what-mbd-looks-like-38000/

I hope that I got these all right;)

I just bought a new lizard (within a week or two), Its not eating, whats wrong with it! Your feeding it the wrong food

My lizard is dark color alot, whats going on? It needs more heat

My lizard is closing one eye, whats wrong? Eye boogers

How do I know if my lizard has enough to drink? You sprayed it down good or had your mister running

How do I know if my lizard has enough to eat Look him in the eye and ask him sternly

How do I raise the humidity in my lizards cage Juice it up with some H20, Dripper, Waterfall, Mister

What sex is my lizard Once it is old enough look for spurs on back of feet

Why does my lizard hold its mouth open? It is stressed/pissed at you or something else.

My lizard has white stuff around its nose, what is it? Dried boogers?

My female lizard is staying on the floor/trying to dig, why? She is trying to find a place to lay her eggs

My lizard hates me, why? You are a bad person

Whats wrong with substrate?Nothing if done right. It can be ingested or cause bacteria

Does my lizard need heat at night? If your house drops below 70 degrees at night

How old is my lizard? check its size and colors compaired to others

What is gutload? Food for your insects that provide good nutrition for Cham when eaten

What plants are safe?http://www.flchams.com/safe_plant_list.asp

What are suppliments? Dust you put on your insects to make them more nutritious for the your Cham

What is MBD?[/QUOTE] I dont know? But I should because I dont own a Cham yet but I really want one and I should know as much as I can before I buy one : ) Fun Questions!

Back
Top Bottom