Common Baby Nosy Be problems

My Nosy Be, Munch, is the nicest cham I own. I've had him over a year.

I can surely say that u there are always nice nosey bes like your handsome guy and there are shy ones like mine and there are grumpy ones in which many of the other posts have given to noseys. Id wish it if it were more social-like chams but then we wouldnt have much of a challenge on ourselves for the betterment of our chams and on our own character as well. :) live, love, learn

Its been quite a while since I got back to the forums so hi everyone again. So I wanted to share this recent thing where little Frost has been making coughing noises randomly even when I'm not near his cage. he also opens his mouth as if he us trying to breath after every time he eats an insect. I believe its a respiratory infection. has anyone ever had this line thing happen, if so, did you figure out what caused
it?

Hey!, how did this turn out?? could you fix it??

and what do you think caused the problem?? did u mist too much?? did you have a hygrometer for measuring humidity??

im really worried about this because i myself have a baby nosybe :p

Well I havent really figured it out yet, its still occuring now. when u said "misting" tho, I dnt really a schedule or any routine to it. I feel like I dnt mist enough and so I try keeping it humid but I do go out most of the day since im in college. I do have a double measure thing that gives me a temp and humidity level in the cage but it seems broken or idk. I think digital would be better so ill get that soon. so I know you and I both have a issue that I hope someone could enlighten us in on it soon.....

ok so today i have just started looking inside his mouth whenever he does this thing and i see that it looks as if he has drool or something like mucus maybe. what can someone tell me about this? is it a respiratory infection or something else? ive already set an appointment for him on thursday and id like at least some suggestions on this thing right now

It sounds a lot like a respiratory infection. i have read about that, but i guess the best thing is to take him to a vet.

Back
Top Bottom