Common Baby Nosy Be problems

DcabMEX

Hey everyone, im here to ask if any of you have ever had a male baby nosy be before and if you ever encountered any problems in the 1 month? and how you fixed it? this is just in case i ever do come up with the same problem than i can have a reference to look over to so i can take good care of my new baby Frost =) hope to hear of some soon and learn alot from you dedicated cham lovers. thanx

i got a male nosey be from the elhorir line from the kammers he has some crazy blue at such a young age but man is he mean as can be!!!

yea kammers have beautiful nosey bes! i actually saw them last weekend at the herp world expo in pasadena, ca. i got my nosey be there, but ironically i didnt get him from them them haha.
how old is your guy anyways?

All I know is in my experience nosy's are the meanest. I have one from kammers and amazing blue and they both are pissy.

Well Frost is my first nosy and so far he hasn't shown any aggression towards me.... yet! ive heard they can be the most active panther and are relatively easy to care for as well.
So im new at panthers but ive had a vield for a year and found she was really easy to care for as well, is there any different concerns that panthers have? like staple feeders or even behavior charactersitics towards environmental factors?
im really only looking for a generalized picture of how panthers are best taken care of, more for nosy be's though.....

mine is kinda small for about 7months but i hear they tend to stay small out of all the panthers. he is very horny he is always trying to get at my beloved pandora and kilo. but since his little growth spurt he has got that don't mess with me additude my female nosey be is a sweety she drinks from the water bottle when its watering time.

I had my choice today at the vivarium store of panthers, veiled, and jacksons, and the male nosy be I took home was the only one that didn't try to bite or kill me. The veiled scared me to death I didn't know they hissed!!

Really? I've never heard that Nosey Be's have the mean reputation. Mine was a Kammers- had him for many many years - and he was the sweetest Chameleon...always wanting to come out and see whats going on....great easy going personality. I'm thinking personality just varies from Cham to Cham....

I have a quick question. My baby nosy has been sleeping while wearing the most whitest color i have ever seen on a chameleon and its been like this ever since i first had him. So im thinking that this is normal but im just paranoid about it so it bothers me. Can anyone relate to the same sleeping behavior with their nosy be?

Krunch is a Kammer Nosy and as sweet and gentle as they come.
My observation about him is that he gets hot faster with lower temps and burns with ease. None of my ambi's do this.
Could it be his lighter coloring? Krunch is lime green, not blue

Krunch is a Kammer Nosy and as sweet and gentle as they come.
My observation about him is that he gets hot faster with lower temps and burns with ease. None of my ambi's do this.
Could it be his lighter coloring? Krunch is lime green, not blue

Could be. Are you keeping him in sunlight? I know chams can get sunburned just like anything/one else. My dermatologist says I only need 15 minutes of sunlight to get my full day supply. Give him some more shade.

I think you are right Anne... Mine has not ever been burned but def likes the temps lower than my ambi's.

I understand your question is about the lighting i have right? Well first of all, i have him in this 4 foot tall cage with a square area of 2 feet, so its a big cage. With that in mind, i am considering the season here in south california being close to winter so im uping the wattage for his lighting to fight the cold so i am currently using a 100 watt basking spotlight from about 1.5 feet away from the basking spot and a reptisun 5.0 for the uvb. On the side that i keep for summer, i have a day/night combo for heat that uses 60 watts so i beleive it wouldnt heat my little guy enough right now. Im starting to think the 100 watt bulb is too much tho, am i right?

Not to worry about Krunch Michael, he only burned once by a higher watt bulb, it was on for only 2 hours. I have learned to really watch him, lots of shade to get out of the lights.
I am still getting mine out in the sun about 2 hours a day.
I can use 100w for the ambi's, but Krunch uses 2 60w and he stays a perfect temp according to my temp gun. 86 being the "ideal" temp for optimal digestion, his basking range is 82 to 88, depending on where he is in his 2x2x4

Not to worry about Krunch Michael, he only burned once by a higher watt bulb, it was on for only 2 hours. I have learned to really watch him, lots of shade to get out of the lights.
I am still getting mine out in the sun about 2 hours a day.
I can use 100w for the ambi's, but Krunch uses 2 60w and he stays a perfect temp according to my temp gun. 86 being the "ideal" temp for optimal digestion, his basking range is 82 to 88, depending on where he is in his 2x2x4

I thought this was your thread. lol.

I thought this was your thread. lol.

nope! i started it the whole time! hahah i made it as a thread for all those who own nosy be panthers to be able share any sort of problem that they were able to fix. that way other owners, like me, can have at least some sort of idea on how they can fix a common problem as well. This would make a great "get together" for all owners to meet.

Its been quite a while since I got back to the forums so hi everyone again. So I wanted to share this recent thing where little Frost has been making coughing noises randomly even when I'm not near his cage. he also opens his mouth as if he us trying to breath after every time he eats an insect. I believe its a respiratory infection. has anyone ever had this line thing happen, if so, did you figure out what caused
it?

My Nosy Be, Munch, is the nicest cham I own. I've had him over a year.

Attachments

• P5170011.JPG
    P5170011.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 97
Ok so im glad you advised to me that it might be URI, but do know from personal experience, that can tell me a lil bit more

Back
Top Bottom