Comet Health Update

Hope he's ok until then.
I think that he will be since hes started to eat, ill offer a few more roaches tomorrow morning and update on the feeding but hes extremely excited about the roaches and hes super fast to shoot out and grab them as long as they aren't too heavy

comet was dropped off at the vets at 10 am and now we're giving them a call to check on progression!

Just called in and got the diagnosis, Comets dehydrated and malnourished but since he's started eating he seems to be fine, strong bones and grip, they're sending the fecal out tomorrow and they'll get the results back in a few days for us. Comets eyes closing have been due to stress response and his tongue has been due to lack of food and energy in his body so we have the green light on his physical but just to keep a good eye on him and make sure that he gets the food he needs consistently!

well, its finally getting back to normal. I caught comet taking a drink from the dripper just now and things are looking up!! hes eaten 3 roaches this week and is starting to perk up a little, his previous owner never said anything about roaches, only crickets or mealworms so I think he was just tired of the two. super excited hes starting to show some normal behavior but its still a little hard to get him to eat and drink with me around. I think hes starting to get more comfortable but hes still deathly afraid of people and especially hands

One more update, we got the fecal results back and he is completely negative!! Clean bill of health and he's actually started to eat more and drink more. I have a theory that it was a matter of stress from his acclamation and finding the right food, now he is regularly eating and drinking and seems to be much more actively trying to remove his shed since he's been eating for around a week now

Back
Top Bottom