Come sail away!

Hmmm. I must have missed the latest posts:eek::confused:

Dean, they are all getting fecals done very soon. I have a reptile vet in town who can do the standard fecals but he isnt too "cham savy". SEAVS ( Scott Stahl I think is his name) is probably a 3 to 4 hour round trip for me but I will be taking them there when I get the time for a good visual rundown.

Bosco, I would love to see some pics of your setup for these guys. Ive got more plants in there for them but have been told by a keeper who has had great success with them that the cage demensions are fine and good for temperature gradients. However the main concern was the plumbing into the cages which I may be doing away with shortly.

eisentrauti, hahahaha, they do resemble the deremensis, I didnt notice untill you said something.:)

Thanks for your insight Bosco! May I ask how successful you were or are with this species?

Update

Both of the younger ones. I couldnt get any photos of the older ones yet. They like to stay deep in the bushes;)

Female
Picture1109.jpg

Male. This guy is impressive!
Picture1110.jpg

Hey Brad,

You will have to ask Haley:p. She had been telling me how much she wanted to work with this species but really wanted to start with a healthier pair so I sold her the two younger ones because they had been doing very well for the 3 or so months I had them. The older female perished not too long after I received them and the male also died sometime after the female. This was another experience with WCs where the younger ones did way better than the older ones. I have seen this a few times and urge anyone wanting to work with any WCs to purchase younger specimen or push the seller to sell them younger specimen.

:) They are doing fantastic. So far are thriving and VERY good eaters. The male will only eat crickets so far, but the female is not picky. I offer the male everything under the sun, but still only goes for the crickets. They seem to have adjusted very well. :D

Back
Top Bottom