Come home to a nightmare šŸ„ŗ

Update today, Iā€™ve ā€œbathedā€ her as instructed by the vet only with q-tips ā€¦ her temperament has completely changed since I got home, like she doesnā€™t recognise me šŸ˜” shes absolutely petrified of me, completely black and has gone to bite me so many times, Iā€™ve left her too it, only had to bother her to clean part of her enclosure but she seems really slow with eating too compared to how she normally is and canā€™t seem to get her footing! This is an absolute nightmare šŸ˜”

This was part of the enclosure I was cleaning which she chose to walk down to and then got angry about it becayse I was in the area? ā€¦
05166C25-3736-4022-A459-3F609B97BCF7.jpeg

It is going to be very painful for her. It would be better to gently rinse the area with a stream of dilute iodine solution. Use a syringe with out a needle or a new turkey baster. It would be a kindness to get an anti inflammatory for the pain from the vet if they have it.
Thankyou so much, Iā€™m from the a UK and feel like we have different things and brands, like everyoneā€™s been suggesting but Iā€™ve just had to fight Pascal to put some Manuka honey on her burns, Iā€™ve ordered f10, iodine and silver cream too, nice to have incase this happens again, Iā€™m still without a heat lamp ā€¦ how long do you think she can go without one? As deliveries online are still delayed due to our postal strikes and the pet stores I went to today have absolutely nothing in stockā€¦ WHY IS THIS HAPPENING šŸ˜©

Another update if you guys are still following

- still no heat lamp or fixture and the pet stores I went to donā€™t carry the right ones and the fixtures arenā€™t trusted either so we are without one for a while since there are postal strikes on deliveries too ā€¦
Wondering how long is it ok without a heat lamp? She still has her UVB just as a side note
We did have spare bulbs as back ups too but they donā€™t work and theyā€™re brand new

- brought natural Manuka honey today and had to have a battle with P trying to put it on her, bet sheā€™s in absolute agony! feel so bad for her, been so stressed out Today, we had a sword fight with q-tips whole trying to distract her as Iā€™m putting it on her, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever been hissed at by her this much šŸ˜• feel like a terrible owner, feel like she doesnā€™t trust me now ā€¦

- ordered iodine, f10 ointment and silver cream too which get here tomorrow since theyā€™re from Amazon! So hopefully thatā€™ll help

- as I mentioned I spoke to the vet today over the phone / video call and they prettt much suggested what you guys suggested and to bathe those spots with a q-tip before putting honey or ointment on which I have done today (once a day)

- sheā€™s eaten today and drank which is obviously good, but she seemed too stressed out for a treat today after putting honey on so left a couple waxworms in her enclosure incase

Iā€™m just feeling so guilty about it šŸ˜”ā¤ļø

Another update if you guys are still following

- still no heat lamp or fixture and the pet stores I went to donā€™t carry the right ones and the fixtures arenā€™t trusted either so we are without one for a while since there are postal strikes on deliveries too ā€¦
Wondering how long is it ok without a heat lamp? She still has her UVB just as a side note
We did have spare bulbs as back ups too but they donā€™t work and theyā€™re brand new

- brought natural Manuka honey today and had to have a battle with P trying to put it on her, bet sheā€™s in absolute agony! feel so bad for her, been so stressed out Today, we had a sword fight with q-tips whole trying to distract her as Iā€™m putting it on her, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever been hissed at by her this much šŸ˜• feel like a terrible owner, feel like she doesnā€™t trust me now ā€¦

- ordered iodine, f10 ointment and silver cream too which get here tomorrow since theyā€™re from Amazon! So hopefully thatā€™ll help

- as I mentioned I spoke to the vet today over the phone / video call and they prettt much suggested what you guys suggested and to bathe those spots with a q-tip before putting honey or ointment on which I have done today (once a day)

- sheā€™s eaten today and drank which is obviously good, but she seemed too stressed out for a treat today after putting honey on so left a couple waxworms in her enclosure incase

Iā€™m just feeling so guilty about it šŸ˜”ā¤ļø
Do you have a hardware store there? You can get dome light fixtures there. They even sell clamp ones. Then just put in a regular 60 watt incandescent bulb. Then double check temps.

Keep in mind what you put on if it is tacky or pulling at her skin may cause quite a bit of pain. Silver cream applies very smoothly so it can be much easier.

Accidents happen. I know it won't make you feel any better but it is not your fault that your fixture had a major meltdown. Obviously the temp was much hotter causing the burns. But this is not your fault you had a fixture with dimmer you did everything right. You can not control when something goes wrong like this. I had a quad fixture that tried to catch on fire. I did not realize it was slowly having issues because it was just one bulb that had electrical. It ended up burning out the UVB bulb and I did not realize it because of it being a quad and the other bulbs were on. I could not tell that one had blown until the unit started smoking. So again this was something outside of my control. Yes, I felt like crap for not catching it and I did not know how long the UVB was actually out for but with it being a new fixture I had only a week. But I still felt awful.

You have to balance the what is in your control and what is outside of it. This was electrical and outside of your control. Try not to blame yourself because this was not something you caused.

It is going to be very painful for her. It would be better to gently rinse the area with a stream of dilute iodine solution. Use a syringe with out a needle or a new turkey baster. It would be a kindness to get an anti inflammatory for the pain from the vet if they have it.
Iā€™ll go out tonight and find a syringe, hoping my supermarket will sell them, never see them unless theyā€™re in a box with bottle medicine if that makes sense šŸ˜” I did however find q-tips online too that you just snap and it seeps into the cotton part, might consider them but I feel like the liquid iodine I brought would be easier to dilute and control !

Thatā€™s a good point though I could pop into the local vet and ask for one, I hope theyā€™d help considering Iā€™m not registered with the local one

Do you have a hardware store there? You can get dome light fixtures there. They even sell clamp ones. Then just put in a regular 60 watt incandescent bulb. Then double check temps.

Keep in mind what you put on if it is tacky or pulling at her skin may cause quite a bit of pain. Silver cream applies very smoothly so it can be much easier.

Accidents happen. I know it won't make you feel any better but it is not your fault that your fixture had a major meltdown. Obviously the temp was much hotter causing the burns. But this is not your fault you had a fixture with dimmer you did everything right. You can not control when something goes wrong like this. I had a quad fixture that tried to catch on fire. I did not realize it was slowly having issues because it was just one bulb that had electrical. It ended up burning out the UVB bulb and I did not realize it because of it being a quad and the other bulbs were on. I could not tell that one had blown until the unit started smoking. So again this was something outside of my control. Yes, I felt like crap for not catching it and I did not know how long the UVB was actually out for but with it being a new fixture I had only a week. But I still felt awful.

You have to balance the what is in your control and what is outside of it. This was electrical and outside of your control. Try not to blame yourself because this was not something you caused.
Thankyou for that ā¤ļø

And Iā€™ve just been In touch with the lady I got her from and explained the situation, Iā€™m going to pick up a heat lamp and bulb from her on Monday if I canā€™t get one before them

How long can they go without a heat lamp though šŸ˜•

Thankyou for that ā¤ļø

And Iā€™ve just been In touch with the lady I got her from and explained the situation, Iā€™m going to pick up a heat lamp and bulb from her on Monday if I canā€™t get one before them

How long can they go without a heat lamp though šŸ˜•
So the heat helps with digestion and temp regulation. Depending on your ambient temps she may be fine if they are sitting at 75 at the top of her cage. She will get some warmth from the UVB light.

So the heat helps with digestion and temp regulation. Depending on your ambient temps she may be fine if they are sitting at 75 at the top of her cage. She will get some warmth from the UVB light.
Itā€™s sitting at 80 right now, itā€™s warm in her room too and do you think itā€™s acceptable to miss a day of feeding tomorrow and feed her on Sunday instead?

Btw, I would be more alarmed if she werenā€™t getting hissy, mad and aggressive. One of my girls had stopped hissing and gaping/lunging at me and I thought that finally after almost 3 years she fully trusted me. Well, noā€¦turns out she was actually quite sick and hiding it. I knew she would be okay and was recovering when she returned to hating me. :)

Btw, I would be more alarmed if she werenā€™t getting hissy, mad and aggressive. One of my girls had stopped hissing and gaping/lunging at me and I thought that finally after almost 3 years she fully trusted me. Well, noā€¦turns out she was actually quite sick and hiding it. I knew she would be okay and was recovering when she returned to hating me. :)
Yeah I suppose so! Definitely moody and Sheā€™s defineltey not a fan of the q-tip thatā€™s for sure šŸ„² and ooh you have a stubborn one then ah! Itā€™s a good thing you noticed the differences then šŸ«”

Back
Top Bottom