Come home to a nightmare 🥺

pascal2023

Avid Member
Had a week away from P as you all know, my family were looking after her, I left clear instructions in a book and physically showed them what to do ect.

Apparently she hasn’t eaten today from hand feeding or from insects left in her enclosure to hunt herself but she’s drinking. And noticed some (I’m going to assume burns) … please tell me she’s going to she’s this off in her next malt?
There was also what I believe to be a electrical fault with something I brought from swellreptiles where the cables have clearly exploded and burnt the casing of the heat dimmer thing which has also blown the heat bulb … so I’m going to order another new fixture and bulb

I’m wondering if it sparked and burnt her?
Because she was absolutely petrified when I tried to hold her

Any ideas what to do? Been in tears since I got home 😔 I feel so guilty, can’t believe this happened!

PLEASE SEE ATTATCHED PHOTOS

B29A910B-9CBE-4FF2-866C-74A0577B4DF7.jpeg 1B200E8C-4336-44D4-A682-E54D507BC684.jpeg 06A079C0-EED4-4E49-AE31-7A15EC02FB23.jpeg

Oh no! I’m so sorry that this has happened. It doesn’t appear to be anybody’s fault though and still would have happened even if you hadn’t gone anywhere. Those are in a strange pattern to be burns, but if a faulty light sparked then I guess that would account for it. The area on her side doesn’t look to be too deep, although it is hard to tell. The one on her leg is the one I’d worry about the most. She will probably be needing some silver sulfadiazine cream, so a vet visit will provide for that as well as evaluating the degree of the burns and other potential needs to help promote healing.

Oh no! I’m so sorry that this has happened. It doesn’t appear to be anybody’s fault though and still would have happened even if you hadn’t gone anywhere. Those are in a strange pattern to be burns, but if a faulty light sparked then I guess that would account for it. The area on her side doesn’t look to be too deep, although it is hard to tell. The one on her leg is the one I’d worry about the most. She will probably be needing some silver sulfadiazine cream, so a vet visit will provide for that as well as evaluating the degree of the burns and other potential needs to help promote healing.
Our vet isn’t an emergency vet, there’s work being done this week coming to that vet so is there any cream I can buy online? Also before I get the cream Manuka Honey a good substitute while I wait for the cream to arrive

Along with a new bulb which I’ve just ordered I’m currently looking for a new fixture too! Any ideas on a good fixture/ reflector ?

Will she be ok for a day or 2 without one 😔 I did have a spare bulb however my parents dropped it when trying to change the busted one earlier 🥺

Noo I was flustered writing that, I know it’s not their fault would’ve happened at any time, just sad it happened in general, they were all upgraded parts for that enclosure, literaly had it for a week and it’s busted (talking about the heat lamp/ bulb ) 😔

Noo I was flustered writing that, I know it’s not their fault would’ve happened at any time, just sad it happened in general, they were all upgraded parts for that enclosure, literaly had it for a week and it’s busted (talking about the heat lamp/ bulb ) 😔
It’s so crazy sad when fluke things like this happen, hopefully the seller will make things right or the manufacturer.

It’s so crazy sad when fluke things like this happen, hopefully the seller will make things right or the manufacturer.
I’ve emailed SwellReptiles, gutted! They’re a reputable company too in the UK, not sure if they’re providers for international customers

Oh poor baby girl Pascale 😭 I'm so sorry, makuna honey is a good short term solution while waiting for the vet, but definitely get on the appointment schedule.

Those are thermal burns hun. You can tell because of the color but also where they are located. the side of the belly and tops of the legs. You want Silver Sulfadiazine cream from the vet to treat these. The cream will help with underlying infection and soothe the burn.

When you say the bulb blew do you mean the filament or the glass shattered?

Those are thermal burns hun. You can tell because of the color but also where they are located. the side of the belly and tops of the legs. You want Silver Sulfadiazine cream from the vet to treat these. The cream will help with underlying infection and soothe the burn.

When you say the bulb blew do you mean the filament or the glass shattered?
Absolutley gutted! I bet she was in agony poor girl! And yeah is there any I get get online while I’m waiting to book an appointment !

And my parents aren’t sure, the bulb blew but the cover over the wiring is also burnt, when I unplugged everything I could smell electrical burning from the fixture so I’be gotten rid of all of that 😔 was all brand new aswell, my dads an electrician so it’s not the sockets :/

Oh poor baby girl Pascale 😭 I'm so sorry, makuna honey is a good short term solution while waiting for the vet, but definitely get on the appointment schedule.
100% going out tomorrow soon as the shops open for the honey but I’ve seen a tonne of silver cream online but not sure what one to get :/

Absolutley gutted! I bet she was in agony poor girl! And yeah is there any I get get online while I’m waiting to book an appointment !

And my parents aren’t sure, the bulb blew but the cover over the wiring is also burnt, when I unplugged everything I could smell electrical burning from the fixture so I’be gotten rid of all of that 😔 was all brand new aswell, my dads an electrician so it’s not the sockets :/
Just make sure if it cracked the glass that there is no glass in her enclosure.

You can use neosporin without any pain med additives until you can get the silver cream. Be very gentle when you apply it.

Just make sure if it cracked the glass that there is no glass in her enclosure.

You can use neosporin without any pain med additives until you can get the silver cream. Be very gentle when you apply it.
I’ve triple checked the endclosure for glass and washed out all of her plants just incase but all seems to be okay 😔 and I’ll have a look, we don’t have that here so the wait on delivery for that is like 2 weeks from the US ect 😩

I managed to speak to a vet on the phone (over video chat) and they suggested bathing those area burns daily and to use f10 ointment or iodine!

Back
Top Bottom