Combo packs

Highway61

Chameleon Enthusiast
Soon to be new chameleon keeper here. I'm all ready for my sub-adult Jacksons that will be here tomorrow! With my bioactive enlosure dialed in, I bought some small crickets a few days ago that are gut loading. But as far as variety, is this combo pack from Rainbow Mealworms a good place to start?

1552420794226.png

I like that combo pack. A couple of tips to go with it. The horn worms will grow fast. So either feed them off early or keep them somewhere cool to slow them down or both. Shake the poo out of their container daily.
The phoenix worms can be fed off as worms (not too many at a time) or if they pupate can be allowed to hatch out in the cage and be eaten as flies. Mine love flying feeders.
The super worms can be addictive so ration them out one at a time. They are good for hand feeding if your guy isn't too shy.
Roaches may not be something your Jackson has seen before. You can mix them with crickets in a feeder to get your guy used to them or let them loose on a branch or section of screen to get them running and attract attention.

Congrats on your new friend.

Soon to be new chameleon keeper here. I'm all ready for my sub-adult Jacksons that will be here tomorrow! With my bioactive enlosure dialed in, I bought some small crickets a few days ago that are gut loading. But as far as variety, is this combo pack from Rainbow Mealworms a good place to start?

View attachment 225449
I just ordered from them and they got my ordered wrong ended up with 2000 mealworms

Haha wow really? I just ordered 25 Hornworms and 100 Phoenix worms as well as some bug burger with no issues.
Yea I was surprised when the order came. Wasn’t the combo pack at all. Ended up donate the mealworms and I think butterworms to the pet store since my babies can’t eat them

My advice - keep at least some of the Phoenix worms off to the side and fatten them up. Once they harden off put them in your viv. They will pupate randomly and when they do you’ll be in for a good show! Flying food really brings out the hunter in most Chams. It’s like they completely forget about their captive surroundings for a few seconds. Watching them hunt flying food is probably one of the few times we as keepers get to see them behave in a completely natural way.

Back
Top Bottom