Colors can trigger chameleons?

Jordanworks479

Established Member
I have been reading a lot on here trying to up my knowledge on Cham keeping and every now again I see someone say that there Cham gets really upset when they wear a certain color like blue sweater,red shirt.I just want to hear from everyone is this true?and if so what colors gets your Cham upset?Or is it certain patterns?Do any colors make them happy?Have been looking for a similar thread if there is one kindly drop a link for me.

My avatar does not like it when I when I wear blues like he displays on his cheeks he is also put off by anything black and white or high contrast. He is very mellow but almost bit my friend when he was on her hand and went around her finger and spotted her blue nail polish. He instantly flared and gaped.
Since this is his display color I would assume that he takes it as a challenge. This is just my personal observation I don't know of any specific study.

I have been testing this out and it seems my veiled seems to be a little more edgy when I wear red. He is calm if I wear light gray. I dont have a lot of blue shirts to try that and I have been avoiding the red shirts just in case.hahah. I guess I should continue the tests but I will be away from my little guy for a couple weeks so it will be a while before I can report my findings.

I have a Jackson's chameleon and whenever I wear all black, he will change to a darker color almost immediately. That's why I bought a green button-up shirt that I keep by the door. I just put on the button-up over my clothes so he doesn't get bothered :)

I have a Jackson's chameleon and whenever I wear all black, he will change to a darker color almost immediately. That's why I bought a green button-up shirt that I keep by the door. I just put on the button-up over my clothes so he doesn't get bothered :)

I was thinking about trying a green shirt and now you made really want to see what happens. Ill try a light green and a dark green haha.

@Mendez might have to grab a Cham shirt lol.thought so I came in wearing blue and he checkered up real quick my inside shirt I change into when I’m home is gray and he’s Always chilled except that one day I thought I was crazy. @JacksJill My moneys on the high contrast

haha i have a towel red with differents colorful pattern, sometime i just get out of the shower with this towel and it drive my male melleri totally crazy (he turn white, mouth open, run away, try to fight or fly!) he is usually really calm. my other melleri really dont care about this towel!

For our veiled he really hates bright orange, bright blue, knit patterns, snake patterns, faux fur & reflective lenses on our sunglasses (especially red/orange lenses). He disks up & pops his gular.. so dramatic! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom