Color

How could you now?

I did not mean that in a sarcastic way at all but when I look at it, I guess it could be taken that way. I was just wondering if it was the same cham. I never saw a post from this person before on here and was honestly wondering if it was the same chameleon she was asking about. It was just odd that she posts about the cham who swallowed the stick (which by the way is the same age as the one she is asking about the coloration) and another one asking about coloring in the same day. Not intended to hurt anyone...honestly.

Not all veileds have turquoise on them. Plenty are just green, yellow, brown, and orange without blue or turquoise.

Pssh is right, not all turn out to be as they are sold. Some are said to be high yellow, orange, turquoise etc. but its not always passed down to the offspring.

He is the same one.......I just wondered. Both his parents are turquoise and the breeder said that he would get his colors sometime within this year..... I guess what I really should have asked is When do they normally get colors in there skin?
Thanks for the help,
Sarah

P.S He is doing much better.We got the stick out and he is being treated for mouth rot.
:D

Picture

It is a old Picture but it shows you how cute he is!
His name is Skittles
Sarah

Attachments

• Chamelon.jpg
    Chamelon.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 158
Either that is a real decieving picture or your cham is terribly undersized for one years old. Do you have better pictures and any of his housing?

I agree with the thinness. Maybe it's just the lighting/angle or I am blind, but your boy looks like a girl to me...

He is the same one.......I just wondered. Both his parents are turquoise and the breeder said that he would get his colors sometime within this year..... I guess what I really should have asked is When do they normally get colors in there skin?
Thanks for the help,
Sarah

P.S He is doing much better.We got the stick out and he is being treated for mouth rot.
:D

I am SO glad you got the stick out!!
My question is do you have alot of little sticks and things in your enclosure that he can ingest or was this just a freak accident?

?

That picture was from about 3 months after we got him....
He is:
This Wide:

This long:

His Tail is this long

Is he really a girl?

The stick is kinda like bark for reptile bedding.......we are going to change this.

Sarah

Oh, that's probably why he looked like a girl. Can you give me a measurement in inches or centimeters?

What size cage is he in?

That cage is too small for an adult veild. If your cham has spurs( like points in the middle of the back feet) then it is a boy. If not, then you got yourself a girl! Get a 24 X 24 X48

That picture was from about 3 months after we got him....
He is:
This Wide:

This long:

His Tail is this long

Is he really a girl?

The stick is kinda like bark for reptile bedding.......we are going to change this.

Sarah

You shouldn't use any bedding... NO substrate at all. Bare cage bottom is best.

Sarah

IT has claws on all of it's feet but it doesn't have claws in the middle of the feet......so is it a girl?
Thanks I will buy a bigger cage and get rid of all of that bark.
Sarah

Back
Top Bottom